43

Regulus was in his room studying up on the hocruxes again since he didn't have anymore classes for the day. He looked up when he heard the door open, thinkijg it was one of the boys because they were done with their classes. But he frowned. There was no one there and Regulus realised that his roommates wouldn't be free for at least another 3 hours.

He felt a warmth he only felt when she was around. He relaxed and moved his hand away from his wand that he had been reaching for.

"Grace?" He asked softly. "That you, Mon âme?"

He smiled a bit when she removed the disillusionment charm. He saw the unshed tears in her eyes and his eyes immediately darkened as he started plotting all the different ways he could murder someone.

"Who made you cry?" He asked, his tone an icy cold as he looked at her with such an soft gaze that didn't match his tone or how he was feeling one bit.

"N- no one. It's fine. I just wanted to see you." She said and sighed as she sat next Regulus. He immediately pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head.

"Tell me who hurt you and I'll make it all better, Mon âme." He whispered in her ear as he held her in his arms.

"James and I had an argument..." Gracie finally whispered after a moment of hesitance.

Regulus cursed under his breath and his arms tightened around her.

"You two seem to be fighting a lot these days. Anything I should know about? I'll gladly punch the asshole in the face for doing this to you." His tone was sharp and intimidating as he spoke those words. He hated seeing his girl hurt. He wanted to kill anyone who took away her beautiful smile. No one, not even her own flesh and blood, had the right to hurt her like this without answering to him.

The only reason Regulus wasn't already on his way to beat up James Potter was because Grace needed him and James was her brother, which meant that he couldn't do anything to him. He hated that but he didn't want to hurt his âme even more by hurting her brother.

Grace shook her head. "It's fine. He's just being as stubborn as ever." She muttered and closed her eyes as she stayed in her boyfriends arms.

Regulus sighed and nodded, knowing that the fight was probably over him; however, he didn't push her any further and just opted to holding her in his arms.

"It was about me, wasn't it?" Regulus asked with a sigh, knowing that James and Sirius still hadn't completely warmed up to him; however, they weren't as straight forward and blunt while expressing their discomfort and annoyance - courtesy of his âme.

The couple stayed in each others arms for the rest of the day, simply enjoying each others company. Regulus, feeling restless, decided to read while caressing her hair as Grace layed on his chest. He read aloud until he heard the quiet sounds of light snoring and steady breathing. She was asleep, he realized. He smiled and let her sleep as he continued to read his book and study up on everything he would need to know for the upcoming test they had in potions.

Eventually, he also fell asleep. Later, he was woken up by hushed whispering all around him. He groaned and opened his eyes. First thing he noticed was Grace, who was still sleeping in his arms.

He smiled before the whispers got louder and he looked up, finally noticing that he was surrounded by his friends. Barty, Evan, Pandora and Charlotte were staring at the couple, whispering and pointing at them. When Barty noticed that Regulus was up, he smirked and waved at his friend.

"So you and little Potter, huh?" Barty asked, even though he had known about the couple, currently on the bed, for months now.

"Shut up." Regulus said and rolled his eyes. He got annoyed when he heard his friends laugh and continue to stare at them.

"I swear to Merlin, if she wakes up because of any of you, I will murder you all." Regulus bit out, trying his best to be quiet when all he wanted to do was kick his friends out so he can lay in bed with Grace.

"Damn, someone's moody." Charlotte giggled.

"I agree, Lottie darling." Evan said, putting an arm around her shoulders and not bothering to be quiet.

"Okay, okay, everyone out. Let's leave the lovebirds alone." Pandora said while laughing as she winked at Regulus, who gave her a grateful smile.

One by one they left, Barty and Evan grumbling on their way out. Few seconds later, Barty pokes his head inside and smirks mischievously at the couple.

He takes out his wand and drops water all over the two, waking Grace up and making Regulus mad. He laughed and quickly sprinted out of the dorm while Regulus shouted profanities at him.

Grace woke up and was grumpy and upset, not appreciating the way she was woken up. This was definitely not her week, she thought.

Regulus sighed and looked apologetically at her. "Sorry mon âme. Are you alright? I swear I'm going to kill Barty."

Grace shook her head and looked down at her soaked clothes. "I'll be fine." She said, mustering a small smile. "Don't worry."

Regulus knew that she wasn't since she had a bad week, so he decided to make it up to her. He took out his own wand and immediately dried the two of them as well as the bed.

Once Grace had peacefully fallen asleep once more - an hour later - he got off the bed and got ready. He left her a note in the form of an origami, as always, with a yellow tulip, placing both on the side table.

He kissed her forehead and left the dorm to find Barty. He found them in the great hall, having breakfast. He angrily stomped over and hit Barty over the head as all eyes turned to him to see what was happening.

"What's the matter with you, asshole?" Regulus gritted out, glaring at his friend who was smiling sheepishly.

"Just thought I'd do you a favour and wake you up.... Your girlfriend just happened to be there and got caught in the crossfire." Barty explained before his smile dropped when Regulus pulled out his wand.

Everyone in the Great hall was staring at the commotion now.

"She was asleep! She had a pretty shitty week and on top of that, you pull that shit!" Regulus said angrily, not bothering to be quiet now.

"L- look, I didn't know! I'll apologise alright?" Barty stammered, getting nervous now since he knew that Regulus didn't get mad often. When Regulus did get mad.... It was best to not be around.

The rest of their friends were looking at the two with frowns, knowing not to intervene. Barty was starting to feel guilty for what he did now.

"You better apologise and make it up to her." Regulus said, glaring at Barty before he finally looked away. Regulus picked up two plates and filled them with food as if he hadn't just caused a scene with the whole of the great hall watching them. He ignored every and took the plates filled with food back to his dorm.

AN: Long chapter as an apology for disappearing for so long.

Overprotective Reggie>>>>

How'd you guys like this chapter?

QOTD: Did you drink enough water today? If not, you should do it right now!