18

Again, since Grace couldn't sleep, she went went for a walk. She put on a shawl, grabbed her glasses and her slippers then was out the door within minutes.

She remembered how she would always go to the abandoned classroom on the third floor. She would meet Evan there and they would hang out, dance and just talk. Not knowing where else to go she went there even though she hadn't been since her fight with Evan last year.

When she got there she froze standing outside of the door with her hand above the handle. It had been so long since she had been here, and she only ever came with Evan.

After a few deep breaths she opened the door and went in. It looked almost the same as it did the last time they were there; however, even though it had cobwebs here and there it still had that comforting and warm feeling - just like it used to. Not only that but it looked like someone came here often. 

The place was mostly clean. The make shift tent her and Evan made out of blankets and pillows was still there along with the stack of their favorite books inside - one of them open with a mug and blanket next to it. There were also a few burnt out candles. All lavender - her favorite.

She smiled as she walked further in, looking around. She picked up one of the books from the stack: The Chronicles of Narnia. It was a muggle book that Lily introduced her too which soon became her favorite. She had then introduced it to Evan and whenever one of them felt sad or angry or alone, they would come here and read all three of the books. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Voyage of The Dawn Treader.

It became their thing. She didn't realize that she was crying until she couldn't see anymore. She immediately wiped her tears when she heard an all too familiar voice behind her.

"Hi" He said. "I- uh didn't expect to see you here."

"Hey Evan." Grace said still not turning around. "Neither did I, Ev, neither did I."

"Look Gracie-"

"Do you come here often?" Grace interrupted. 

Evan sighed as he walked in standing next to her. "Yeah, yeah I do. Almost every day."

"Why?" She asked turning to look at him. " We're not even friends anymore."

"Look Gracie about that. I'm sorry, okay? I know that no amount of apologies will ever make up for what I did, but please- just" Evan's voice started to break. "Just give me a chance to make it up to you." 

Grace thought about it, staying quite for a few minutes that - to Evan - felt like hours.

"I don't know, Evan" She finally said.

"Please don't do this, Gracie." He finally broke and the tears started to stream down his face. "I miss my best friend, I miss you, please Gracie.  Just one chance and I'll show you that I won't mess it up this time."

Grace remained quite; she didn't know if she should forgive him yet or even give him a chance or not. But when Evans voice broke when he said, "please." It broke her too.

She missed her friend too but she didn't want to forgive him already.

After a few more minutes of dreadful silence she thought that the poor boy had suffered enough, and that she would make regret it later on.

But for now she just said, "Just because I'm giving you a chance doesn't mean I forgive you, got it?"

"Got it" He nodded, happy that she gave him a chance and started to wipe his tears before picking Grace up and spinning her around.

Grace stayed with Evan for another hour talking about everything that happened, and Evan told her about this girl that he likes: Charlotte - who he liked to call Lottie. From what Evan told her: she had beautiful light olive skin, brown eyes which - if looked at from a different angle - can look green sometimes. She also had long waist length black hair, and freckles on her nose, but they weren't that noticible unless you were looking really closely. She also had a small black dot in her right eye. Evan said that he would joke around and say that she has two pupils in her eye. Grace thought she sounded like a nice girl, and a beautiful one at that.

He told her all about Pandora, Barty, Charlotte and Regulus. In return she told him all about her friends excluding the parts with Regulus. She didn't know if he knew but she thought that Regulus should be the one to tell him.

After a while they got up and went to their dorms agreeing to meet there every week at the same time.

AN: Short chapter but this is their relationship! It's so cute <333

So I changed Charlotte's appearance, because I thought I described her too similar too Lily even though I took Rachel Elizabeth Dare as inspiration.