10

Grace was sat at the Hufflepuff table with her two friends: Dorcas and Cleo when the marauders showed up. 

"Hello Gracie" James sat next to her wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"James" She pushed his arm off, and greeted the other three boys standing at the edge of the table before making themselves comfortable on the benches. Sirius sat on the other side of Grace while Peter sat next to Cleo, and Remus next to Dorcas. "Do you have no one else to annoy?"

"Actually" Sirius butted in. "We are here to inform you of the party we're throwing tomorrow night. Since you are Prongs' sister we thought a personal invitation would be better."

"Okay then. How nice of you." Dorcas replied. "If you don't mind we are a bit busy here, so bug off."

"Ouch Meadows! You hurt my feelings" Sirius put his left hand on top of his heart while pouting, and pretending to wipe some tears.

"Don't mind him. He's a drama queen." Remus said looking at Cleo. "I'm Remus." 

He held his hand out and she shook it, smiling. 

"I'm James. You probably know me already." James' smirk was quickly wiped off as Grace elbowed him in the stomach. James put on a fake smile, mumbling an 'ouch', and rubbing the part she hit.

"Sirius Black, at your service" He leaned forward and kissed the back of her hand before looking into her eyes. "And you are?"

"Cleo Lexington." The blond smiled. "Nice to meet you"

"And I'm Peter" Hers and Peters eyes met as they smiled at one another politely.

"Dorcas" The slightly darker skinned girl said pointing to herself before pointing in front of her at her friend and saying, "Grace." She turned to look at each of the boys with an annoyed expression. 

"Great!" Dorcas clapped her hands. "Now that we've got the introductions out of the way.......scram" 

"Yes ma'am" James saluted and got up - the others following suit and walking back to their table.

"They seem" Cleo paused looking for the right word without offending anyone. "nice"

"Trust me." Dorcas glared at the boys from her seat before turning back to her friend. "They're anything but" 

The three girls talked and laughed for another 15 minutes before Dorcas excused herself and left to go see Marlene. Then 2 minutes after Cleo excused herself and went to class early leaving Grace alone.

She too decided to get up, but since she didn't have an early class she went and sat by the black lake behind Hogwarts. It was a secluded spot, so she was alone. It was peaceful. She stayed there reading till she had to get up to go to her class.

🥀

"Where were you last night?" He interrogated.

"I didn't feel like coming" She replied.

"Right, so you decided to skip our study session because you didn't.....feel like it?" Regulus was shocked and angry.

She pretended to think for moment before replying, "yeah pretty much"

"You little-" He said but was interrupted by the sound of professor Slughorn's voice.

"No no go on. Finish the sentence." Grace smirked, happy seeing him get all riled up over the smallest things she did.

The younger Black rolled his eyes, and started to pay attention to the professor. He remained in a bad mood the rest of the day unlike Grace who was more than happy to remind him of just how annoying she could be.