28

The girls were helping Mary get ready for her date in Grace's room while the boys prepared for their chat with Diego before he took Mary out.

"You look beautiful, Meadowes" Marlene said while lying down on the bed with fire whiskey in hand. Grace agreed; Mary looked stunning in her blue dress and white shoes - she refused to wear heels - and her hair left open in its natural curly state.

Grace smiled at Mary and rubbed her hand on her friends shoulder to try and ease her nerves while Lily added the finishing touch to the makeup. Grace walked up to Marlene and took the bottle out of her hand and tossed it in the trash can. 

"Hey" Marlene whined. "What was that for?"

"First off my parents are back in their room resting after a long mission and I don't want them to be worried when you start dancing on the tables drunk and we might get a babysitter. And secondly you know how I feel about alcohol." Grace said sitting on the bed.

Marlene sighed, "You're no fun, you know that?" 

"Stoping you from consuming poison is me being 'not fun'?"

"Yes, yes it is"

"You kids need to stop fighting and help our dear friend, here, get ready for her date" Lily said stoping them before Grace went on to explain all the harmful things alcohol does to people and why it should be banned.

🥀

After a while Mary was fully ready and they heard a knock and some talking downstairs. 

"Oh no" Mary groaned. "Those idiots are going to scare him off"

"Not on my watch" Lily winked at Mary before opening the door and shouting, "James Potter, you boys better leave the poor boy alone"

"Yes ma'am" James shouted at Lily before dragging the boys away to give Diego some space.

The girls could hear Sirius and Frank complaining as James dragged them away.

"Well that worked" Alice grinned.

"Our Lily saving the day yet again from James Potter" Dorcas chuckled waving her bottle of fire whiskey around.

Grace glared at her seeing Dorcas drunk.

"Uh oh" Marlene said. "The alcohol police is watching you Meadowes"

"Let her" Dorcas looked at Grace in the eye before taking a big sip from her bottle.

Grace simply shook her head muttering multiple profanities under her breath as she followed Mary out the door.

They bid Mary good bye at the door and might have threatened Diego before he took her away.

 🥀

Mary came back four hours later all smiley and happy.

"Looks like you had fun" Grace said.

"Oh I did" Mary said falling back on her friends bed. "It was the best date ever"

The girls all sat around in a circle as Mary told them about her date and they could immediately tell that she was falling in love with Diego Valdez.

 🥀

It was now the end of their summer vacations and the house was a chaotic mess as everyone was running around making sure they had everything packed and weren't forgetting anything. That is everyone except for Lily and Remus who had packed everything two days in advance.

Euphemia huffed before taking out her wand and with a simple flick of her wrist everything was packed.

"Now let's leave, we're late enough as it is" She said once everyone was in front of the door with their bags in hand.

Luckily they managed to reach there just in time and boarded the train after bidding the older Potters a farewell. Just as Grace was about to get on the train her parents held her back.

"Just one thing before you leave. Mia." Fleamont said nodding to his wife.

"Tell Regulus we said hi" She said.

"And be careful okay darling?" Her dad said winking at her before they left with a smile on their faces.

Grace was stood their on the platform unable to move as she mumbled, "How the hell...."

She was shaken out of her trance by Frank.

"Um you getting on or do I need to drag you?" He held his hand out for her to take.

"Right, yeah, I'm coming." She took his hand and boarded the train and going to her compartment.

AN: THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE SURPRISEEE

I hope you guys liked this chapter!