Chapter 17

Home was quieter than usual. I could hear the sound of water dropping from the tap into the basin. The windows were open, even the door wasn't closed. My father was careless but not that careless. I sensed something was off the second i entered this house.

"Amaryllis, is it?", A voice i had never heard before spoke from behind me. My hands tightened around the strap of my bag at the danger lurking behind me. "You're a true beauty. Your father wasn't lying about that."

I didn't dare to turn around and see who the stranger who dared entered my house while i was gone was. "Who are you?", I asked. The sound of his footsteps could be heard as he walked in front of me and greeted me with the sight of his black boots. Slowly, I lifted my head to meet his eyes. His face was unfamiliar, i had never seen him before. Judging by the silver watch around his wrist, He wasn't from here.

He lifted his finger and my body reacted on its own, taking a step back. His hand reached forward and touched my cheeks for a matter of five second with a smirk on his face, I didn't dare move. "Pretty little thing." He said, "How does a pretty little thing like you happen to be a piece of shit's daughter?"

"Ah, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Another unfamiliar man came out of my father's bedroom and spoke. He was tall, not taller than Carter, but tall. Almost as the same height of the guy who stood in front of me, only, taller. "This one is not to be touched."

"Who are you people?", I asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice but failed miserably. "Where is my father?"

"That father of yours is the main reason we are here." Black boots took a few steps back, went to stand beside his friend. "He fucked up."

My damned father. I always knew one day, he'd do something an bring me down with him. He probably got involved with the wrong people, probably owed debts, probably killed someone, even. "What did he do?"

"He owes our boss money." Called it. "He can't provide, obviously." He continued speaking, disgust visible on his face as his eyes wandered around my house. It was a mess, indeed. I haven't had time to make this place look less miserable with the early morning session with Carter. I was saving that work for after that session. Nothing here was valuable. Absolutely nothing.

"How much money does he owe?" I questioned, hoping it wasn't a large sum and I could pay for it with what Sawyer gave me. "A few millions." His answer caught me off guard. A few millions? This whole place wasn't worth a few millions. What had my father been doing to owe that sum of money was the question of the day.

"Three millions worth of drugs." The man who looked more mature spoke. "This debt has been on hold for four years. My boss is a very patient person but, even he has his limits."

I couldn't even blame them after their confession. My father had badly fucked up and their presence in my home was understandable. I knew how this thing works. Buy drugs, pay for the drugs, if you can't pay you owe them, if you don't pay when it's due date, they come for you and you pay with your life or someone else's life. 

"You're here to kill me or him?" Probably the dumbest question I asked. They were probably here to kill both of us.

"You tell us." One of them made himself comfortable on the couch, the disgust still visible on his features. "Come with us and your dad lives."

"Get the fuck up and bring the old guy here, John." The mature one spoke to Joun who rolled his eyes but obeyed nonetheless. He went in my father's bedroom and came back out with him. He dragged him all the way to the living room where he lied on the floor with a blood nose as he glared at the men.

"You fuckheads." He snarled, "I told your fucking boss I will pay him his money in full when the time comes."

"Shut your mouth, Gabe." John rolled his eyes, making himself comfortable on the couch again.

My father groaned in pain when he tried to stand up. His eyes shot up to me, a smirk making its way onto his face. "How about we make a deal, gentlemen? Take my daughter for the time being and let me arrange for the money."

"You'd just give away your daughter like that?", John looked at me, then at my father who smiled at him and finally at the mature one. "What do you think, Spence?"

"Doesn't matter what I think." The mature guy whose name is Spence- probably short for Spencer said. "Boss wants them both."

I was confused by his statement. I had nothing to do with my father's drug dealings. What business could his boss possibly want from me?

Spencer turned to me, "Either you come willingly or we'll be forced to drug you." A choice both leading to the same consequence. I could run to my room and get my gun but I was outnumbered. These two men were bigger than me and my father.

"What if i give you a sum of money right now and get you the rest?", I offered. Spencer shook his head in response. "Your father owes money. Not you. He will pay."

"Then why am I to be taken with you?"

"I don't know. We were given an order." He said. "You won't be harmed."

John scoffed, "You know damn well what our men will do to a pretty little thing like her."

One glare from Spence and he didn't speak another word. Yet, John's words were stuck in my mind. "Let's go. Tie him up." Spencer spoke, turning to John before turning to me. "Let's go." And I did. To avoid more trouble, I agreed to go with them willingly as my dad put a fight which he lost. John ended up injecting him with something and he dozed off. I, for one, got into their car without a word, unaware of what was waiting for me.