Chapter 39

Amaryllis~

What had I done? I tortured someone and enjoyed every second of it. The guilt wasn't coming. I wasn't feeling guilty for it. She deserved that. They all did. They deserved to be dead. The world will be a better place without such people although, it's still filled with them. These kind of people exist in every corner of the world but at least, I helped getting rid of some today.

Like we planned, I played the victim. Christian Hale did not once suspect that I had something to do with it. I assumed it was because he thought I would never be able to pull such a stunt which was good. He just asked me if I saw who it was which I denied. I told him he was wearing a mask, concealing his identity and he had blonde hair. "I saw a new one with platinum blonde hair. Perhaps it was the same person." Spencer said when I mentioned the hair. 

No one suspected that it could have been Carter. Not even Christian Hale. He still thought Carter was in Italy doing god knows what. How could a father know nothing of his own son? The drug wore off after around thirty minutes. I was carried inside by Spencer much to my dislike, but it wasn't like I had a choice. "It couldn't be a one man's job. He had to have had help." Christian stated after I told him there was only one man. "I didn't see anyone else." I said. "The girls ran away after realizing what was happening. The person who bought me made me drink champagne then I was paralyzed." I told him exactly what Carter told me to tell him.

"Find me that person." Christian Hale ordered to Spencer. "I want him in front of me."

"It will be rather difficult to find someone we know nothing about save for his hair color." He answered, looking at me then back at Christian Hale. "We didn't find anything on the camera footage either. He didn't appear on the cameras almost as if he knew exactly where they were and avoided them."

"Are you saying we've got a snitch among us?" Christian's voice was low and dangerous. He was pissed. "Who would dare betray me?" His fists curled at his sides. He turned to look at me. "Go to your room." And I did. I couldn't wait to get out of this dress- it was itching me and thank god the effects of the drug wore off.

Once I took my shower and changed into something comfortable, I laid on the bed and waited for darkness to invade me not before the thoughts of my father jumped in. I wondered where he was and what the hell he was doing. He had probably already forgotten about me being held by Christian Hale. I didn't know whether it was a good thing or bad thing considering Carter needed me to help in taking down his dad. Before I knew it, My eye lids started feeling heavy and the darkness came.
-
Carter

I watched Amaryllis's father as he had trouble opening his eyes, adjusting to the light after being in the dark for weeks. "Good morning." I said.

His eyes widened once he took in my appearance, the blonde hair long gone. I was back to being my old self. He tried moving his hands but hissed in pain as the rope tightened around his wrists. I made myself comfortable on the rather clean couch in front of him. Xane's torture basement had always been one of my favorite places. I smirked thinking of all the fun we have had along the years in this place, all these people we have tortured together. He had been training the Italians non-stop since I had left him in charge of the mafia. He said and I quote, "They're pussies in need of a real training. The Italians' training is shit." That was the last time I had heard of him this week when I called, asking about him being the concerned friend that I am.

"Why am I here? Who are you?", He asked, looking at me then at the basement.

"Tell me, Mr Banks," I started, "Do you get off abusing girls?"

My question got a reaction out of him. His eyes widened yet again as he clenched his jaw. "What are you getting at?"

"I asked you a question." I stood up, walked toward him, dragging a chair with me and placed it right in front of him. "Answer it."

"Is there something you are accusing me of?" I almost gagged at his yellow teeth. That was what Amaryllis had to deal with her entire life? The thought was enough to make me torture this prick in the worst ways possible. But, I knew Amaryllis would want to be the one doing it and I would gladly refrain from killing the motherfucker for her.

"You'll find that I am not a very patient man." I walked to the wall where several knives were displayed on the wall. I wouldn't kill him, no. But I could torture him. "You will answer the questions I ask you and each time you refuse to answer one, you will lose a finger." Grabbing the sharpest knife, I walked back to him and sat on the chair. "Let us start, shall we? First question, How long have you been hurting your daughter?"

A smile appeared on the fucker's lips. "For a very very long time."

My grip tightened around the knife but I controlled myself. "Have you done anything other than hurt her?"

He shook his head, "No."
"Did you ever want to?"

He grinned. "Yes."

A growl escaped my throat as my fist landed on his face. "Im going to have a lot of fun torturing you."