Chapter 23

Carter~

I glared at Vincenzo as he spoke to his bodyguards. I was beginning to think that Vincenzo isn't as strong as others thought him to be considering he has been staying close to his bodyguards since our arrival.

"Carter," He took a seat on the opposite couch when Xane came back from the bathroom or wherever he decided would be a good area to place the bomb we made last night when we decided we would bomb the entire place if they didn't listen or If we felt trapped. Vincenzo, for some reason, was dumb enough not to send one of his bodyguards with Xane. He was too obsessed with keeping himself safe that he kept all the bodyguards around himself. "Why are you here?" It was the fifth time he had asked me this question and yet, my answer remained the same. "I told you, I missed you."

Xane snorted at my reply, a smirk of his own forming on his lips. "You're making the poor guy sweat." He gestured to the handkerchief in Vince's hand as he wiped away his forehead once again before he regained his posture. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you."

I raised an eyebrow at him, amusement swimming in my eyes. "Why would you kill me?"

"You're the son of my enemy-" He started but I cut him off. "Who is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the entire world." With a glare, clearly not liking my interruption, he continued, "Killing you would weaken him. He would be too busy grieving the loss of his son to retaliate while I plan my attack on him." Smart, but based on assumptions.

"Hmm." I clicked my tongue. "Or, He would be furious and kill you on the spot before you take your next breath." That seemed to get a reaction out of him. He sinked further into the couch, sipping his wine. He knew my statement was a possibility and he knew His was based on assumptions. He was smart, but unfortunately, He needed to die.

"Seize them." He said to no one in particular and we knew he was talking to his bodyguards. The ones of the first stage, the ones near the door, the ones who stood in the kitchen upon our arrival, listening in on our conversation, probably waited for me to make the first move. Studying your enemy's lair before you set foot in it and after is important to survive.

I grinned at him, raising my hand in surrender as Xane did the same, sharing my excitement. We knew shit was about to go down and we were ready for it. We came ready for it. "Now now, Vince. No need for violence."

"Yeah, Vince. We just wanted to talk." Xane rolled his eyes, "But, you are not in a mood to talk, are you? You wanna play dirty?" He raised an eyebrow at him in utter amusement. "Dirty boy."

"You have one minute to tell me the real reason behind your visit or I will have you killed." Vincenzo warned, all trace of fear gone. Why would he be afraid? He thought he was safe behind his bodyguards and Xane and I were outnumbered which made me assume Vincenzo didn't know us as much as he had let on.

"Why would you have me killed, though?", For some reason, the thought of pissing him off brought me great joy. "Why not do it yourself? We could have a hand to hand combat, you and I."

He shook his head, "I am not interested." Coward. "You are in my house. I make then rules, I ask the questions and I demand to know why you are here."

"Oh, you demand, now?" His fists clenched at my question. I knew I was getting on his nerves. Grinning at him, "Why don't you do the demanding without hiding behind your bodyguards like a coward?"

A nod to the guy behind me, I received a kick on my back, Almost making me fall on the ground. "Seriously? Why don't you hit me in the face like a man?" My question was directed to the one who hit me. "Or, is this the motto around here? Hitting like bitches? Hiding like bitches? Bitches, in particular?"