43

After the dinner, I went to my room and I didn't come out since. I had fallen asleep before I even realized it. I barely ate anything at dinner because of the stares I was receiving from Christian Hale and Carter's grip on my hand through the entire dinner didn't help the way I thought it would.

I only awoken from my slumber because of my bladders. I sighed before looking at the time. 1:45. I had been sleeping for five hours, since 8 Pm. After relieving myself, my stomach started screaming, reminding me how hungry I was. I washed my face and went downstairs in the kitchen. I almost missed a step on the stairs.

I expected to see all the lights off by now, especially in the kitchen. During all those weeks that I had been staying here, I never heard a noise coming from kitchen or anywhere in the house after 10 o'clock. I assumed they had their bed time. I was surprised to say the least when I saw a figure standing in front of the stove in the kitchen. A naked muscular figure, might I add. "Couldn't sleep?" He didn't even turn around to know who I was. I would recognized that voice anywhere.

"Apparently, Im not the only one." I opened the fridge, pretending to look for something to eat while trying not to look in his direction where a naked muscular back was waiting to be seen. "What are you making?" I grabbed a bottle of orange juice then a glass. After pouring it in the glass, I made myself comfortable on the counter.

He turned around, his arms crossed as he looked at me for a few seconds, his gaze roaming around my body. "Noodles."

I took a sip of my orange juice before finding the courage to look at him. His face, only. The effort I was making to not look anywhere but his face was something. "Can I have some?"

A smirk took over his features. "Sure."
He walked over to the drawer and took out two bowls, filling both of them with noodles. Holding both bowls in hands, he walked to me and took a seat on the stool beside me. "Sitting on the stool would be more civilized but I prefer you like this." His gaze was fixed on my bare legs when he spoke. He then gestured at my noodles sitting on the table. "You won't eat?"

"It's hot." It really was hot. Boiling, actually. It wasn't like he was eating his either.

He hummed, taking his lower lip between his teeth. "I can think of something else that's hot."

"Yeah, right?", I scoffed. "The temperature."

Another smirk appeared on his lips. "Right. The temperature." No more words were exchanged between us as we ate in complete and utter silence. It was an awkward situation to say the least.

"Do you like my house?" Carter broke the silence and awkwardness.

"Yeah... it's nice." I glanced at his empty bowl and got up from the counter. "I'll wash them."

"Sure." He gave me his bowl and I put it in the sink, starting to wash mine first. My eyes involuntarily closed when I felt a presence behind me. I hadn't forgotten about the scars on my back given by Christian Hale and I hadn't forgotten about the pain, either. I could barely wear my clothes without it stinging every time the fabric touched the wounds. "So, tell me. Have you miss me?" His hot breath fanned on my neck with every word he uttered, making it difficult for me to concentrate with the task at hand.

"I..." Instead of answering his question, I washed the dishes quickly and turned to face him. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" He took a step back, leaning against the counter as he waited for my answer.

I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Not here. Someone could hear us."

"No one is here. They went elsewhere. They won't be back by tomorrow."