003 | a bottle of absinthe.

Reggie had been waiting in his car for daryl for a little over thirty minutes

Reggie had been waiting in his car for daryl for a little over thirty minutes. he had gone out to look for sophia and amy through the day, but had gotten back around forty minutes ago. reggie saw him go in his tent, and he didn't come back out. reggie had began to wonder if he offended daryl when he asked if he should get misty some new clothes, like he invaded his boundaries or something. it may not have been that big of a deal, but reggie just hoped that he didn't overstep. he didn't know how daryl's mind worked, and he just worried that maybe daryl would've gotten offended about the fact that her clothes were visibly too big. clearly they didn't have a lot. reggie had been to their house, he had seen the way they all lived, and it wasn't the greatest. it wasn't the way reggie lived.

so there reggie sat, tapping on the steering wheel inside of his car, looking out of the window for daryl. he was going to wait an hour, and if daryl didn't show, then he was going to go to bed. he wasn't going to go knocking on the tent or anything. he didn't want to seem all desperate. if daryl didn't show up, then he didn't show up and there was nothing reggie could do about it. he decided that he wasn't going to pine over him. he was going to let daryl come to him, for however long that would last for. he wasn't sure, but he was determined. if daryl didn't want him, daryl didn't want him.

was there anything reggie could do about that? no, there wasn't. he had much bigger things to worry about than if daryl dixon was going to get in his car in the next thirty minutes. in fact, he even thought about waiting forty five. but then he pushed it back to an hour again, because his brain showed him an imagine of daryl's sad face if he showed up to the car and reggie wasn't there. or what if daryl forgot and he was waiting for reggie to come to his tent? or what if he just genuinely didn't want to go? or what if he got hurt whilst looking for sophia and amy, and——

"i ain't never gotten drunk off absinthe before, but it's the only thing in the entire fuckin' pub i could find over fifteen percent." the voice of daryl filled reggie's ears as the car door opened, and daryl slumped in the passenger seat.

"i didn't think you were gonna show," reggie said, a slight smile on his lips as he started up the car, ready to drive wherever.

"neither did i, just drive somewhere." daryl said, using one of his arrows to get the cap off the bottle of alcohol. the way he did it so fast was just proof to reggie that that wasn't the first time he had used an arrow from his crossbow to open a glass bottle.

"ya completely aware that shit is seventy four percent, right?" he asked, looking at daryl who held the bottle to his lips and took a large gulp as reggie drove off the farm.

"and?" daryl raised his brows, taking another gulp. reggie just let out a little chuckle as he shook his head, going into the glove compartment to check which CD's he had left in his car. "what ya lookin' for?"

"music." reggie replied, flicking through the CD's with one hand on the steering wheel, and one hand in the glove compartment. he had so many CD's, he didn't know which to choose from. he was pretty sure he had every CD you were able to buy in america, all just stocked up in his bedroom, but only a select few in his car. he put all of his favourites in the car, which was why it was so hard to choose just one CD.