034 | back to reality.

When reggie woke up, he felt the most horrible pain ever in his head

When reggie woke up, he felt the most horrible pain ever in his head. his throat was dry, and he was confused. he tried to sit up, but his arm was yanked straight back, making him furrow his eye brows. he looked up, ignoring the pain in his neck. he saw the one cold, metal cuff attached to his wrist, making him sigh out. that's when he remembered how fucking stupid he was for taking all of those pills. he could've killed somebody. he could've ate misty or something. but then, the regret went away, as the feeling of being just pure sad filled his stomach again. he remembered the governor. he remembered daryl leaving. all he wanted to do was go back to sleep, sort of wishing that he'd never woken up in the first place. he shut his eyes, letting a deep breath fall from his lips.

he wasn't going to shout for anybody and tell them that he was awake. he was just going to simply lay and wait for somebody to come in. it sounded selfish, but he kind of didn't want to hear all the fuss that everyone would make when they realised he was awake. he wasn't ready to see everyone again. he just wanted to be alone. he wanted to enjoy the peace for as long as he could possibly enjoy the peace for. he just hoped that they'd all have at least some kind of understanding as to why he did what he did. he knew what he did was wrong, but he didn't do it intentionally. he just wanted to take enough to knock him out for a little while. he just got carried away. he didn't know how long he was out for, but considering the handcuff on his hand, it was enough for them to discuss the possibility of him dying. maybe, deep down, just a little bit, he wished that it would've worked.

"oh!" he heard a voice from the doorway, making him look up. sophia was stood there, a shocked look on her face. "you're alive."

"yeah." he said, giving her the best possible smile he could give her. it was only tiny, but it was still there. that was enough.

"i'm happy you're alive. we were all so scared." she said, moving to sit on the seat at the side of his bed.

"i'm sorry 'bout that," reggie said, looking down, before looking up at the handcuffs. "hey, could ya tell someone to take this off?"

"oh, yeah. i'll be right back." she said, before running out of the cell and down the stairs.

not even three minutes later, maggie rushed straight into reggie's cell. she didn't even give him time to prepare himself before she flopped straight onto him, wrapping her arms around him. a small smile formed on his lips as he wrapped his free arm around her. she looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and a big smile on her face. then, rick, beth, hershel, carol, and everyone else walked in. it was a little overwhelming at first. misty ran in, squeezing herself between maggie and reggie, sitting at the side of reggie with a smile on her face, happy that he was finally awake. she was so happy to see him. she had missed him so much. she couldn't wait for daryl to see that he was awake. she knew daryl had missed him, too. she couldn't wait to tell reggie that she'd found her brother again, either, and they were all back together again.

"please don't ever scare me like that again." maggie said as she stood up, undoing the handcuffs, finally letting reggie's arm free.

"i'm sorry." reggie said, as beth and hershel both gave him hugs. hershel's was the tightest.