059 | the stars in his eyes.

Reggie was the last one to go in for his interview with Deanna

Reggie was the last one to go in for his interview with Deanna. He held it off until the very last, trying to get away with it, but it didn't work. Soon enough, he was getting told to walk through the door. Maggie hugged him, despite them not being on the best of terms. She didn't hesitate before wrapping her arms around him, telling him that he was going to be okay, before leaving a big, mom-like kiss on his cheek and sending him on his way. He did really appreciate it. When he got into the room, it just felt weird to be in a place that wasn't filled with blood, or wrecked with sheets of paper on the floor and broken chairs. It was a genuine, actually tidy room. Everything was spotless. Reggie felt like he had gone back in time to the old world, like he was at Ashley's house. Her parents had a lot of money, so her house was huge, just like that.

There was a huge book case filled with books, along with pictures on the walls and an actual sofa with no holes in it, in front of a table and a chair. There was a fireplace, and a TV. Reggie hadn't seen a TV since he left the farm. He wondered if it actually did work, or if it was just there for show. He felt like he was out of place. The room was so tidy, and then there was him. Blood and all kinds of things on his clothes, dirt on his face and his hair all grown out. He looked nothing like Deanna who looked great. Her hair neatly combed and her clothes without one bit of dirt. She didn't even have a crease in her shirt. Not to mention the warm, big smile on her face that she welcomed him with.

Reggie envied her a little. She hadn't been hurt yet. She still had the same glow that people had before the apocalypse. The glow pep oole had before the world went to shit and the law was gone. She looked real, like Reggie had just woke up from the nightmare he had been in and woke up in the real world again. He thought that he'd like it, but he didn't. Woodbury looked like the real one, too. The Governor looked clean, like a nice, upstanding citizen, but then he stripped Reggie of his dignity.

"Hello. You're Reggie, right?" Deanna asked as she stood up to greet him, holding out her hand.

"Yeah." Reggie quietly replied, shaking her hand gently, still darting his eyes around the room to see if he could spot anything even slightly out of place and suspicious. There was nothing.

"Same name as my husband." Deanna warmly smiled. "I'm Deanna Monroe. You may take a seat, Reggie. Rest your legs."

Reggie sat down, and oh boy was that chair comfortable. He had no idea why he did it, but when he was scared, he always did as he was told. Sometimes he'd try and fight, but when it was times like those where he was all alone in a room with just one person, he liked to do as he was told so it wouldn't worsen. Besides, he was the one with the weapon. Deanna wasn't. Everyone else had made it out just fine, so he was hoping that he was going to, too.

"Do you mind if I film this?" She asked, making Reggie furrow his eyebrows as she pointed to the camera.

"Uh— no, ya can film it, but why?" Reggie asked, looking into the camera with nothing but suspicion. Why did see need a video of him? It wasn't like she could post it anywhere or anything.