007 | drowning.

Daryl was now awake, and laid in a bed with a map sprawled out in front of him

Daryl was now awake, and laid in a bed with a map sprawled out in front of him. rick was knelt down at the side of the bed, shane was sat on a chair, and reggie was stitching up daryl's side. he wouldn't take off his shirt, he just lifted it up so that reggie could stitch up the wound on the side of his stomach. reggie wasn't sure if daryl just had something to hide, or he didn't want to take his shirt off and let reggie patch him up shirtless in front of rick, either way, it didn't matter. what was important was that daryl had found the necklace that andrea had given to amy on her birthday. a silver necklace with a pendant of a mermaid on it. when andrea found out that daryl had amy's necklace, she felt terrible for telling jimmy to shoot the walker in the first place. it wasn't like she knew, but she still felt bad.

the necklace that daryl had found was about three miles south of where they found sophia, which meant they really had gotten lost from each other, probably worse than sophia had described it to be. it was near a creek kind of thing, daryl had said, and he found it laying in the mud when he fell down and got an arrow stuck in his side, causing the wound that reggie had stitched up. daryl didn't even flinch when getting stitches, which was a shock to reggie. he hated getting stitches, but daryl clearly didn't mind it.

"this cuts the grid almost in half." rick said, turning to look at shane as reggie put the needle in the next part of daryl's wound.

"yeah, you're welcome." daryl said, looking back at rick.

"how's he looking?" rick asked, turning to reggie who was just stitching away, trying to get his job done as daryl tried to stay still.

"other than the fact we've been going through these antibiotics like it's a bag'a candy, all right. any idea what happened to my horse?" reggie raised his eyebrows as he snipped off the last bit of thread, and walked over to get some gauze for daryl's head.

"yeah, the one who almost killed me? if it's smart, it left the country." daryl said, making reggie scoff as he came back.

"that one's my horse. nellie, as in nervous nellie, dumb fuck. i could've told you she would've thrown you if you'd have bothered to ask." reggie rolled his eyes, putting the gauze down at the side of the bed as he grabbed a cloth and some clean water to clean the muck from daryl's face.

"whatever." daryl said back, flipping reggie off. rick and shane looked at each other with a certain look, before looking back at the pair, before rick patted reggie's shoulder in thanks, and shane followed him out of the door. shane didn't look at reggie.

as rick and shane walked out, reggie got the cloth and put it to daryl's head whilst he was laid down, cleaning up the dirt and blood that had mixed in together on his forehead and cheeks. he was a mess, but he was doing it because he cared, which reggie had never really seen from daryl before. it was nice. reggie wasn't too keen on certain members of daryl's group, because a lot of them looked down their noses at daryl, like shane. what they had been yet to realise was that daryl was actually probably the best person in that group. he probably had the best heart, too. whilst everyone else was playing nice nice on the farm, daryl was out there risking his life for andrea's sister, whilst andrea was sat on top of an RV all day doing nothing, except mistaking humans for walkers and giving everybody grumpy attitude. it wasn't right.