048 | not if, when.

Reggie stood in front of the two redhead twins bodies as they laid lifeless on the floor

Reggie stood in front of the two redhead twins bodies as they laid lifeless on the floor. They had been lifeless for a long time, and the bite mark on the little girl's arm, and an identical one on her brother's thigh showed that. They'd probably been stuck in that yard since the beginning of the fall, just wandering around together and trying to fulfil the one need they had. Hunger. Reggie just hoped that if he ever turned, somebody would put him down. He didn't want to wander around lifeless, no thoughts, no feelings and just pure hunger and the need for human flesh and organs. He just hoped that whoever was around him at that time would have the guts to see through their emotions and put him out of his misery, because misery it certainly would be, and he had no plans of being that way. Seeing the walkers was upsetting, actually.

He sighed, and put his sword back on his back, before he turned away from the twins and made his way back into the house. He swallowed down his emotions, ready to look for some stuff they needed. Colby was already on it, looking through the cupboards and getting random things out, seeing which ones would last the longest if they were to take them. He didn't want to take anything useless. It would just take up room and they couldn't afford that. So, whilst Colby was looking for food and water, Reggie decided to go up the stairs and check for other things, like backpacks and more physical things they'd need if they were going to be on the road a while. He thought of it like he was going on a camping trip. That's most of the stuff they'd need — camping-like stuff.

He reached what seemed to be the little girl's room. It was pink, and decorated in Disney princess theme, which Reggie thought was sweet. Then, in big cursive letters above her bed, the name 'Everleigh,' was there. He smiled as he saw a Lalaloopsy doll sitting on the bed. He remembered how Misty had once told him back at the prison that she'd always wanted one. He couldn't miss the opportunity to get her it. It was the 'Dot Starlight' doll. He knew she'd appreciate it when he saw her again.

"Do you like playing with dolls?" Colby joked from the doorway, making Reggie turn around with a smile and nod.

"Fuck yeah," he said, as he opened the closet, seeing a backpack. His eyes widened. It was brown with little spots, and a monkey face on the front. He grinned widely, grabbing the backpack and opening it up, putting the Lalaloopsy doll in there. "Misty is gonna be one happy kid when we find her."

Colby noticed the 'when' instead of the 'if,' which meant that he still had hope. That made him happy. When they found them, rather than if they found them sounded way better. They knew the group were out there somewhere. They'd found Glenn, even if it was just for a short while, so that meant they could find anybody. Glenn was sick when everything happened, he was weak and he was barely able to fight, so Reggie was sure that if everyone else was more able bodied, they could survive if Glenn could. He just really hoped he wasn't wasting hope on something that wasn't going to end up true. For right now, though, they were big on the when. When they found Misty. When they found each other. When the group was back together. When. When. When. Not if. When. They were alive. They just had to be alive. They had to be.