036 | pathetic little reggie greene.

It had been two days since andrea visited the group at the prison

It had been two days since andrea visited the group at the prison. she was supposed to kill the governor in his sleep, but she didn't do it. she couldn't bring herself to. rick, hershel, and daryl were going to meet with the governor to talk it out. reggie didn't know how he felt about that. they were trying to make peace. reggie didn't want peace. not in that way. reggie wanted peace once the governor was six feet under. maybe they could all live in peace knowing that the governor was alive, but reggie couldn't. his mind wouldn't be at rest until he watched the governor die with his own two eyes. in a way, he felt betrayed. how could they want a truce with a man that did that to reggie? they didn't even talk to him about it, either. they weren't going to, not until carol 'accidentally' blurted it out in front of reggie and he found out about it.

he appreciated carol for that. he knew she did it purposely. could anybody blame her, though? if it happened to them, they would want to know if the people that were supposed to protect him were trying make a truce with a rapist. reggie was mad. he hadn't said a word to anybody as he sat on an chair with his arms crossed. as much as reggie hated merle, he was actually starting to agree with him. he'd been going on multiple tangents, saying that they should just go right there and then and kill the governor whilst he wasn't expecting it. it honestly made reggie sick to the stomach to know that he was agreeing with somebody like merle, but he honestly seemed like the only person that was making any sense anymore. he was the only one that was actually thinking the same way that reggie was, and saying it out loud.

"i'll go work on the cage outside." glenn said, from where he stood around the table where all the weapons were after he had just finished giving out orders on where to stash them.

"what we should be doin' is loadin' some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the governor." merle said, from where he leaned against a wall, looking at them all. faye was stood next to him. reggie still didn't like her at all, though.

"true. we know where he is right now." faye shrugged.

"are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" glenn raised his eyebrows. reggie thought it sounded like a fun activity for the day, actually. slicing his head off with his fucking sword.

"yeah, we are." merle folded his arms.

"we told rick and daryl that we'd stay put." michonne told him.

"i didn't tell 'em nothin'. fuck trying to make peace with this mother fucker, he doesn't deserve it. i'm gonna kill 'im my damn self." reggie said, standing up with his sword.

"reggie." glenn breathed out, making reggie look at him. "you're better than this. you're agreeing with merle, come on."

"this is where none of you understand. y'all might be able to live in peace with a poxy little truce, but not me. i ain't willing to sleep with one eye open for the rest of my damn life because i don't know when he's gonna pounce. it's easy for y'all to sit here and do nothing because you didn't feel what i fuckin' felt. i want him dead." reggie said, as they all looked at him with shock at his change of demeanour. it's like he'd overdosed and woke up as a completely different person. this wasn't the reggie they all knew.