058 | an old friend.

The group got ready to go along to the community with Aaron

The group got ready to go along to the community with Aaron. A lot of hesitation yet excitement flowed around in the air. It was mostly excitement from the people that trusted Aaron, but for the people that didn't, like Reggie and Rick, it was nothing but dread. Reggie was glad that Rick didn't trust him yet, either. It made him feel like he wasn't stupid and selfish for thinking differently to the rest of the group. He didn't blame them for being excited, though. It was possibly a place to live after being on the road, starving at the same time as exhaustion and dehydration. It was a chance to be free of walkers and death, a chance to sleep safely — but they had all gotten that chance before and every single time, it had all been ruined. Everything always went wrong in the end.

He was trying hard not to be a negative Nelly, but it was hard when every single experience he'd had in a community was overly negative. He'd never had one good experience in a community. At Woodbury, there was the Governor. At Terminus, there were a lot of cannibals, so the odds of Aaron's community being good were extremely low, to say the least. Now, Reggie was living his own personal nightmare. He was squashed between Aaron and Michonne in the back seat of a car as they drove to the community at night time, in the pitch black. Glenn was driving, Rick was in the passenger seat, flicking through the glove compartment.

Rick furrowed his eyebrows as he got out a whole bunch of license plates from different states. Reggie rolled his eyes when he noticed. He was hoping that what Rick was flicking through were CD's so he could stop the awkward silence. He'd do anything to let Taylor Swift repair the misery of what was silence.

"I'm trying to collect all fifty states." Aaron elaborated as he noticed Rick's confusion. "Put them all on a wall in my house."

"You have your own house?" Michonne asked, looking at him.

"See for yourself." Aaron said, passing her his backpack.

"Got ya own house but ain't got no CD's? Weak." Reggie said with a small sigh. Aaron grinned as Reggie said his first thing of the night. He could sense that Reggie was the hardest cookie to crack, which was weird, because he didn't look like he would be.

Michonne flicked through the pictures, and Reggie could see an expression growing on her face. Her eyebrows were furrowing, like something was worrying her. That worried him, because she had been so positive about going to the community the entire time that Aaron had been there. The anxiety began to rise in his belly again. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he thought about other things. Michonne could've just been deep in thought as she looked at the houses inside the community.

"Why don't you have any pictures of your people?" Michonne asked, and that's when Reggie clicked on. Rick had said something about Woodbury and Terminus both being silent when they arrived. No people around. Nothing. The pictures said that.

"Oh, I took a picture of the whole group, but I didn't get the exposure right. When I tried to develop it later, it just—"

Reggie cut Aaron off as he sat up quickly. "I'm gonna throw up."