041 | pop like a soda can.

Reggie wasn't feeling great after what had happened at the big spot

Reggie wasn't feeling great after what had happened at the big spot. he laid on his bed underneath his blankets as he stared at the wall. it was late, and he was trying to get some sleep. however, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't. every time he shut his eyes he thought of zach. he heard his screams. he knew he couldn't help what happened, but maybe if he wasn't so useless with trying to help bob by himself, then zach wouldn't have gotten bit, and his little sister wouldn't have lost her boyfriend. he shouldn't have been rambling. he should've just sucked it up and dragged him. he let out a small sigh as he pulled the blankets closer up his body. he already felt warm, since he was wearing a white longsleeve and a pair of grey sweatpants, but he felt more comfortable with the blankets on him, even if he was borderline overheating.

he let out a loud huff, turning so he was laying on his back and staring up at the roof. he had one arm behind his head, and his hand resting on his chest. his bottom lip was tucked between his lips as he went deep into thought. he hated how he took beth's boyfriend away from her. he hated that he didn't even have the guts to tell her. daryl had to tell beth, because reggie wouldn't. he didn't know how beth reacted. he didn't know if she was heart broken, all reggie knew that he felt guilty as fuck and couldn't look beth in the eyes. it just felt like everything she touched went to pure shit, and it didn't matter what it was, he would just break anything he touched. why was he just not good enough? he hated himself so, so much. it was a shame, because he used to love the way he was. he was forever mourning the old version of himself.

he huffed out again, before getting out of his bed, accepting the fact that he wasn't getting any sleep any time soon. he opened up his backpack, grabbing his pack of cigarettes and a lighter. he put his boots on, before he grabbed his sword and made his way out of the cell block and out into the cool, night air. he sat on the steps, lighting up the cigarette and inhaling the smoke whilst he looked up to the clear night sky. all the stars were on display. that was reggie's favourite thing about summer. the stars were almost always out.

then, he suddenly remembered that daryl was on watch, up in the tower, so he stood up and made his way up the ladder, into the tower. daryl turned around to look who it was, his face softening when he saw that it was reggie. he gave him a little smile as reggie sat down against the wall, on the blankets that were in the corner.

"you all right, ladybug?" daryl asked, as he joined him on the floor. reggie just shrugged his shoulders. "what's wrong?"

"nothin' i'm fine." reggie replied, blowing the smoke from his lips as he stared off into the distance.

"come on, if there's one thing i've learnt in the past months it's that you don't talk to me unless ya really goin' through it." he said back, making reggie sigh as look down at his boots.

"do you think i'm a bad person?" reggie asked, barely above a whisper, but daryl heard him, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"no, i don't think you're a bad person." daryl replied, as reggie put his cigarette out. "what's got ya thinkin' that? what's goin' on?"