043 | the college.

The college wasn't near as bad as reggie thought it would be

The college wasn't near as bad as reggie thought it would be. the room they first went into wasn't too messy. there was just a whole lot of paper on the floor, along with pens and dust. it was clear that everyone probably evacuated whilst there was a class in session, due to the pencil cases and old bottles of water that were left on the tables. there were even some backpacks on the floor next to the chairs, and old writing left on the whiteboard. it was some kind of science equation. reggie didn't take too much notice of it as he just wanted to hurry up and get the antibiotics so they could be on their way back to help everyone. one thing that reggie didn't understand, though, was that there were cages in there for small animals, but there were no small animals in the cages.

everyone was looking in different rooms. reggie was looking in a science lab, which was pretty cool. he was taking his time with the medications and not grabbing them all, because he knew that they would need. he had found two bottles of the antibiotics they were one hundred percent in need of, but he couldn't find any more. he was opening all the drawers that were connected to the desks, and looking inside all the stray backpacks on the floor. he opened one of the backpacks. it was a black and white checkered one, which was branded with the 'vans' logo. he opened up the zip and looked inside. he emptied out all of the continents onto the table, seeing a bottle of pills. he quickly grabbed them, but sighed when he saw that they were only hay fever pills. either way, they'd be useful for him in case he ever had to sleep outside again. he did not want to have to go through the puffy eyes he had before the prison again.

there wasn't anything else useful in there other than the pack of barbecue lays that reggie was definitely keeping. he stuffed the chips and the hay fever pills into his backpack, before searching the rest of the room. he didn't find much, just a couple packs of bandaids and some random painkillers. something was better than nothing, especially since he'd scored a pack of his favourite chips.

"how'd you do?" bob asked as reggie walked into the room at the same time as everyone else.

"bags, tubes, clamps, connections. everything on the list." tyreese said, his voice calm for the first time in a while.

"what about y'all?" daryl asked, looking at bob, michonne, and sam that were still filling up their backpacks with the antibiotics from the shelves. faye and colby were stood with full backpacks.

"yeah, we got it all." bob replied. daryl nodded.

"yeah, we're good." michonne said, once she was certain they had every single thing off the shelf that they could need.

"good. reg?" daryl said, looking to see what reggie had found.

"nothin' useful. just some random painkillers. the room was barely full to say it was a lab." reggie replied. daryl nodded his head.

"all right, let's roll." he said, putting his backpack back on as they all began to walk out of the room together, quietly.

they walked down the dark hall, daryl being the only one with a flashlight. reggie held his sword tightly in his hand, ready to kill any walkers that came out. they didn't have time to sweep the college for walkers before they actually went in, so it was just a guessing game on how many there actually was. however, that answer was seemingly certain when daryl suddenly gasped, and they suddenly saw an entire room of walkers. they all ran away, but the walkers just spilled out of the room like fish in a big net. they went to the stair well, and it was horribly dark. reggie was in front next to faye, making sure he could at least see the outline of everyone so he knew they weren't leaving anybody behind.