030 | merle dixon.

Tw: merle lol

Tw: merle lol

Reggie felt great, like nothing could ruin his mood. he'd had the best night with daryl, and now he was going on a run with maggie and glenn, to a store they found in a phone book. the only thing that he didn't feel good about, was how maggie claimed shotgun, and reggie had to sit in the back of the car like a sulking child. he hated being in the back, especially because he had his own car that he was used to driving. they were going to get more formula, and hopefully more ammo. since it was a store, misty had begged reggie to see if they had any wildlife books in there. he promised her that he'd look, but he couldn't promise that there would be any. she was trying to find out what monkey's ate, other than just bananas. she also wanted to know why hyenas sounded like they were laughing, and which was the strongest in the savannah. she couldn't read, but sophia would read the books to her.

so, reggie sat in the back of the car with his arms folded, whilst glenn was in the drivers seat. reggie didn't understand why he had to drive, when reggie said that he wanted to drive before glenn even said it. maggie wanted to be next to glenn, that was clearly the reason. reggie wasn't dumb. he hadn't said a word to the two of them in a total of seven minutes, just glaring at the back of their heads as they laughed and joked about random stuff. he'd actually debated on climbing over and sitting himself on maggie's lap, just to spite her for calling shotgun before him, but he didn't want to risk them crashing, so he decided to take the sensible option and sit safely in the back. even if he was fuming about it.

"all right, let me out." reggie said, the second they pulled up to the store and stopped the car. he grabbed his sword, getting out.

"reggie, you don't even know if it's clear." maggie said, quickly getting out after him, taking her gun out of the holster.

"i got eyes, babe." reggie said, looking around, seeing no walkers. maggie rolled her eyes, before telling glenn it was clear.

glenn raised his eyebrows. "is it just me, or is reggie in a weirdly good mood today? this doesn't seem normal for you."

"the sun is shinin', glenn. it's a beautiful day." he said, making glenn look even more confused, before he just gave up. "go on, bob the builder. cut the chains so i can go in there and have fun."

"have fun?" glenn questioned.

"daryl smoked my last cigarette, i'm like gagging for another. probably why i'm hoppin' about." reggie said, making both of them laugh, as glenn took the bolt cutters to the chain on the door.

next thing they knew, glenn opened the doors and a whole bunch of birds came flying out. reggie let out a high pitched, feminine screams as he moved his sword up to the air, trying to hit the birds for making him jump. it didn't work, though, and they all flew past them without a care in the world, probably just happy to be free. reggie shook himself off after watching both maggie and glenn look at him with amused faces after his scream. he turned on his flashlight, and went straight into the store. the first place he went to was behind the counter, where all the cigarettes would be. he fist pumped the air when he found around ten packs, and put them all in glenn's basket, before taking out a packet and putting them in his pocket, lighting up a cigarette in the store and putting it between his lips. glenn coughed, waving the smoke away.