022 | tower shots.

Nine entire months since they lost the farm

Nine entire months since they lost the farm. three entire weeks since daryl had said a singular word to reggie, and reggie had no idea why. they had been okay the entire nine months. daryl was doing good. he was talking to reggie. he was sitting next to him whenever he got the chance. he was staying up on watch with him when it was reggie's turn. but then, out of the blue, he stopped. he didn't look at reggie anymore. he didn't even glance in his direction. he didn't talk to him. he did nothing but act like reggie didn't exist, and that sucked. reggie wished daryl had never even started being good to him in the first place, because daryl turning back into what daryl actually was, hurt way more now. after nine months of pure goodness from him, it felt way more shitty.

things had been getting worse, though, so reggie tried to focus on the fact that maybe daryl was acting different because he was stressed. lori was about to pop, literally about to give birth at any minute. only time would tell with that. for all they knew, lori could go into labour in less than an hour, or in a couple of weeks. or any time between that. it was just crazy. it's like they were just sitting on a bomb and waiting for it to go off. not to mention the fact that she was basically starving. the group hadn't found food in a good two weeks. they found a house that morning, and carl had tried to eat dog food. rick threw it out of the window. misty yelled at him, because sulli could've eaten that food. she made rick go back out into the yard and give the food to the dog. he was fine with that. he just didn't want his child eating dog food.

the kid was literally starving, though. all of them were. reggie never really got hungry, anyway, but he was at that moment. all he could think about was food. hell, we would've eaten anything. only problem was, though, there was no anything to eat. there was simply just nothing. air, if you will. they had to leave the house they found because of walkers. that'd been happening a lot, all winter. they could never stay in one place longer than two nights. three if they were lucky. it never went past the three night mark, though. they now had a map sprawled out across the bonnet of the hyundai tucson that rick always drove, seeing where they were going to go next. reggie didn't care where they'd go, as long as it was in doors. he was sick of using his legs, and he didn't want lori to have to give birth outside.

"we got no place left to go." t-dog said, looking down at the map. reggie was stood between maggie and hershel.

"when this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. we'll never make it south." maggie said. oh, yeah. that was another thing. at each side they had to travel, there was a big herd, so they didn't really have anywhere to go.

"what would you say? that was about 150 head?" daryl asked, as he came into the small huddled group, standing next to t-dog.

"that was last week. it could be twice that by now." glenn replied.

"this river could've delayed them. if we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there." hershel said. reggie nodded.

"yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way." t-dog said, pointing to a different place on the map. to be honest, reggie didn't even know why he was looking at the map. maps weren't reggie's strong point. he knew how to find the states on a world map, and italy because it looked like a boot.