015 | the pharmacy and the truth.

The group held a funeral for dale early in the morning, just when the sun had finished rising, and the sky was still that nice orange colour when it reflected on the trees

The group held a funeral for dale early in the morning, just when the sun had finished rising, and the sky was still that nice orange colour when it reflected on the trees. it was around seven am, and no later. reggie didn't check the time, because it didn't matter. the funeral was sad, but it wasn't as bad as it would've been if reggie had known dale a while, like the rest of the group. but then again, he had known otis his entire life, and he didn't really feel sad then, either. in fact, reggie was actually beginning to wonder if he had something wrong with him. why wasn't he feeling things? it's like he had all of a sudden gone emotionless, and he didn't like it. he almost felt robotic, in a way, like he didn't have human emotions. he always thought he would enjoy not to feel, but he wasn't.

they had also decided to keep randall alive to honour dale. reggie didn't have an opinion about that, either.

it was after dale's funeral that reggie decided it was most likely time to go back on the medication he used to take for a little while, at least until he felt himself again. shane had ruined him, but otis' funeral was before shane did what he did, and he was still like it, then. he was worse after shane, though. maybe he just had to go and get the medication so he could take care of himself the way he should've been, so he would actually have the effort and wouldn't mope around. he felt like wednesday addam's had taken over his body since daryl and his group arrived on the farm. he had to get back to normal. he had to start sleeping, he had to start eating, he had to start taking care of himself.

that's why reggie was taking a step in the right direction, getting ready to go to town and pick up some medication. he wasn't going to let shan ruin him anymore, he refused. he got on some proper clothes, proper clothes being a pair of black cargos and a grey, crew neck sweater as it had began getting colder. he put on his boots. they didn't really match with the rest of his outfit, but he didn't care. post apocalyptic reggie would've gone into meltdown if his outfit didn't match, but it was the end of the world, so reggie didn't really care all that much. he put his sword on his back, and made sure it was on properly so it wouldn't fall off, swiped his car keys from the top of his drawers, and made his way downstairs.

"where are you going off to?" hershel asked, from where he sat at the table. next to him was rick, daryl, maggie, and t-dog.

"town. need to get somethin'." reggie replied. hershel furrowed his eyebrows as he stood up, looking at reggie confusedly.

"you're going into town by yourself? it's dangerous now, reginald. it isn't the same as what it was when you'd go with otis." hershel said, but reggie didn't care. he needed to go, whether it was bad or not. quite frankly, he just needed to go.

"i'll be fine, got my sword." reggie shrugged. "ain't gonna be long, anyways. probably an hour or so. give or take."

"well, we shouldn't just take off on our own. it is dangerous out there, reggie, your dad's right. it was bad the other day when shane and i went to drop randall off. we almost didn't make it back." rick said, reggie just shrugged his shoulders again.