033 | reflections.

Reggie was laid on the bed in his cell, his face pale

Reggie was laid on the bed in his cell, his face pale. it had been two days since his overdose, and he was yet to wake up, or show any signs of doing so. the only thing showing them that he was alive was his heart beat. one of wrists were handcuffed up to the bed, just like they had done to hershel when he lost his leg. they didn't want to handcuff him there, but they had to, just in case he turned. if he turned, that would but everybody else at risk, too. it put a damper on every single person's mood. knowing what the governor did to him hurt him that bad, that he had to do something like that. to them, it was that one thing that tipped reggie over the edge, but to reggie, it was a series of things that kept pushing and pushing, until eventually, he tipped straight over the edge with no warning as to when he was going to fall. he just fell.

maggie hadn't left his side, not since it happened. she sat there at the side of his bed, bags underneath her eyes and a scratchy throat due to all the crying she had done. her brother was laid there. not only was reggie her brother, he was her twin brother. they had been together even before they entered the world. they had shared their mother's womb at the same time. everything they ever did, they had done together. there was no maggie if there was no reggie. she didn't even know how to be a maggie without a reggie. they shared each other's DNA. they had the same blood. he was her best friend, and she couldn't lose him.

misty had also been visiting them a whole lot. since daryl had left with merle, she hadn't really spoken to anybody, and if she did, she would lash out and yell at them. she wasn't like that with maggie, though. maggie thought that was sweet. she was angry, but she still recognised when people were sad, and when she shouldn't yell at them. she knew peoples limits, and when they needed kindness. maggie needed kindness, so misty gave her it. it was a small improvement that meant a lot to everyone in the group. misty was developing every day, but she was just having a little blip due to the change. everyone knew she would be back to normal soon, though. she was worried about reggie, too.

"hey," beth said, walking into the cell as she sat next to maggie, the baby, that was now named judith, in her arms.

"hey." maggie replied, giving her the tiniest, barely recogniseable smile, as she looked down at baby judith, then back up to reggie.

"he's gonna be okay, maggie. he's gonna wake up any day now." beth said, looking at her big brother with a hopeful expression.

"i know, i just—" she cut herself off to wipe a tear from her face. "i just don't know what i'll do if he doesn't, you know? i've never lived more than half an hour without him. every minute that i've existed, he's existed right next to me."

"and it'll be like that for the rest of your lives, maggie, because he isn't going anywhere. he's waking up, i know he is." beth replied, even though reggie's pale face wasn't really proving anything.