035 | rock bottom.

Reggie knew that finding out what the governor actually was, and seeing how much the group had changed since the last time she had seen them at the farm, was probably a big, nasty, hard pill for andrea to swallow

Reggie knew that finding out what the governor actually was, and seeing how much the group had changed since the last time she had seen them at the farm, was probably a big, nasty, hard pill for andrea to swallow. he had to admit, though, watching her try to swallow it was kind of funny. she had ran circles around the man that called himself the governor. she had ran circles around shane, and she always ended up seeing the group as the bad guys, when in reality, she was wrapped around the real villain's fingers all along and she didn't even realise it. that was the funniest part. he knew he shouldn't have found it funny, because andrea could've gotten seriously hurt by being with the governor, but he also had no care in the world about it, either. he wasn't going to break an arm and a leg trying to save her, when she wouldn't even trip on a twig and fracture a toe to help him. he wasn't dishing out help anymore for people that wouldn't help him. he was done being a doormat, because that's what he was. just somebody that everyone could wipe their feet on and walk over. not anymore, though.

he wasn't doing it for daryl. he definitely wasn't doing it for daryl. if daryl wanted him, he was going to have to prove it in a way that was way more than 'i'm sorry,' and then back to ignoring him the next day. if daryl really wanted reggie's forgiveness, then he would have to grovel for it. even then, though, reggie wasn't sure if he would forgive him or not. what daryl did was unacceptable, and reggie was finally opening his eyes and realising that it was so wrong. he shouldn't have said the things he said. he shouldn't have done the things he'd done. it was time for reggie to realise that. it was time for daryl to realise that he couldn't just have him whenever he wanted him, and he was worth more than what daryl thought he was. if daryl wanted him, he'd have to show it. if he didn't, then so be it. reggie didn't care. he was just done.

andrea was in the cell block, talking with carol and holding judith. reggie was in his cell, sat on his bed with his sword, cleaning it as there was literally nothing else to do. he had requested that he be on watch tonight, because he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. it took a little convincing, since they didn't want reggie to be on his own, but in the end, they finally agreed. it was annoying, being treat like he was one of the children. he wasn't. he just had a slip, it didn't mean he was any less strong than he was before.

"hey." rick said, as he stood in the doorway of the cell.

"hey." reggie replied, as he ran a cloth down his sword, not looking up to meet rick's eyes. he didn't want to talk to him. not for any reason, he just couldn't be bothered to talk.

"are you sure you're up for being on watch tonight? you don't have to, it's—"

reggie cut him off. "i ain't five, rick. i used to go on watch, i've always stayed outside at night time, even before the fall. i'm pretty sure i can manage sitting in a guard tower and looking out for a one eyed asshole. i can handle it."

"and you don't think that seeing him again will trigger something in you? i'm not trying to be condescending, reggie, i just want to make sure that you're in the right headspace to not freak out if the governor does come by." rick said, in all seriousness.