chapter six: dracula

Evangeline choked on her waffle as she burst out laughing.

Vlad did not seem so amused.

"Oh! Dracula! I was not expecting to hear that!" She said, slapping a hand over her mouth to muffle a laugh, not wanting to seem too rude. Her laughs died down after a bit, and she noticed that the man sitting beside her seemed eerily calm. If he had been joking as she thought he was, he would have been laughing with her.

"Is something funny?" He asked dryly.

Suddenly Evangeline felt quite awkward. "I mean- you aren't Dracula so- wh- I don't understand," she said quietly, averting her gaze as his eyes narrowed and his lips curled slightly, revealing two razor sharp canines.

Evangeline's green eyes widened at the sight- this seemed to be a bit more than some sort of elaborate joke.

"Do you not believe me?" He asked

"I don't know," Evangeline admitted, inching backwards slightly in her chair to put a little more distance between her and the dark figure.

"I could prove it to you. If you'd like, that is," Vlad responded.

"How so?" Evangeline asked in a slightly more curious tone, cocking her head and leaning forward, feeling intrigued as to how this man could somehow "prove" that not only did vampires exist, but that he is one.

She watched as Vlad silently got out of his seat and stood before her.

And then he was gone.

Evangeline blinked.

She suddenly felt somebody's presence across the room. Swiveling her head, her eyes widened as she saw Vlad, a slightly cocky look on his handsome chiseled face.

"How.." she murmured to herself, completely dumbfounded by what she had just witnessed.

There was a quiet popping sound- barely perceptible to her ears, and then Vlad was gone- but this time, he wasn't gone in the sense that he was no longer there, but in a sense that he was now in the form of.. a bat.

It was larger than a regular bat- dark as coal, with blood red eyes. It soared towards her and she quickly scrambled out of the way. She heard a dark chuckle and turned around to face the bat, but found that in its place was Vlad, crouched on the ground.

He stood up slowly, patting his robes as if dusting them off.

"Believe me now?" He whispered with a slight smirk.

"Dracula." Evangeline breathed.