part twenty two: would you like a demonstration?

"However," Evangeline began "If garlic doesn't kill you, then what can? Other than a stake, of course. Im not exactly well versed in.. vampires."

"For a regular vampire, running water could kill one. However, as I am quite above regular vampires, I believe that only a stake could truly kill me," he responded.

"Above? What do you mean? What separates you from other vampires?" She questioned.

"I'm Dracula," he responded simply.

"Wow. How informative. Thank you, truly, from the bottom of my heart, for explaining it so thoroughly."

"Which is your native language- French, or Sarcasm?"

"That's rich coming from you," she retorted.

"Oh, I apologize. However could I forget to watch my tongue around the porcelain doll sitting in front of me? You poor thing. Im sure you can't bear any criticism."

She stared at him blankly. "Was that supposed to be funny?"

"Ah- no, no, of course not," he said hastily, clearly trying to recover before clearing his throat and changing the subject of the conversation, deciding to bring up the first thing that came to mind, his eyes flickering desperately across the room to try to pick up on something, anything, to mention to make her forget.

"Your dress- it's nice," he finally said after a moment.

She raised an eyebrow, clearly feeling startled by how random the compliment was.

"Why did you go from making fun of me to praising me?" She murmured, grimacing.

"Would you rather I insult you?"

"No, no," she said quickly "Don't. My self esteem can't take any more."

"Back to sarcasm, I see."

"Just how you like it."

He sighed, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

(A.N: omg this is so cringe i'll pay for your therapy 😭)

"Indeed I do. Indeed I do," he said before suddenly standing up. "Would you like to see something interesting?"

Her curiosity was piqued. "Sure," she responded, standing up as well. "What is it?"

"You'll have to wait and see. Follow me."

She obeyed, and silently followed him as he left the library and began making his way deeper into the castle. They soon found themselves standing at a dark oak door.

"I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, though I doubt that I have," he began "But, this castle can move."

The way he deliver the line was quite blunt- no shame whatsoever, he stated it as though it was a simple fact, in the same manner one might state that the sky were blue or that grass were green.

Her brow furrowed in confusion. "No, you've certainly never mentioned that. What- what do you mean, though?"

"I mean what I said. The castle can move," he responded as he pushed open the door, revealing a large hall, with a few steps off, far in the distance, leading to a pedestal with a glowing orb.

"Well, yes, but- how- what- I- I don't think I understand."

"You'll understand soon enough," he responded, leading her towards the stairs, up them, and then to the pedestal.

Up close, she could see that it was less of an orb and more of a mechanical device that was circular, floating in the air. It was black, with a golden trim and a slight shine.

"This," Vlad began "Is a magical device that i use to move the castle. Using it, I can transport this place anywhere that I desire."

"Would you like a demonstration?"