⟣Chapter 1

⟣•01•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Wen QingLing pened his eyes and found himself lying on the ground.

He sat up, blankly looked around, and found that it was still the abandoned factory he had chosen to die at.

He didn't understand. Why hadn't he died?

As long as you were killed before completely zombifying, you could prevent becoming a zombie and die as a human.

With his injuries, death would definitely come faster than becoming a zombie, but it seems he hadn't died?

Wen QingLing felt something off about his chest, he looked down only to see a wooden thorn buried deep where his heart was.

Wen QingLing, "..."

Holy shit!

So am I dead or not?!

Wen QingLing was scared by this wooden thorn, he grabbed it and yanked it out, his blood sprayed out.

The pain had him rolling all over the ground, but before he even made two flips he suddenly froze--it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would, the feeling of pain was very weak.

He stood back up, lifted his clothes, and found that his wound was already completely healed.

Wen QingLing, "???"

What shocked him even more was that a red thing suddenly grew out of the place where his blood had sprayed. It looked like a sea anemone, it's entire body was blood red, planted on the ground, tentacles waving in the air threateningly as if it were alive.

Looking towards his surroundings again, it was all filled with this type of red thing. Every single one of them grew where blood had soaked into the ground, the ones nearest to him were comparatively larger. It should be because it had sufficient nutrients.

Wen QingLing pulled one out. He found that it had roots at the bottom, and on the top, it had a circular disk. Tentacles covered the circular disk, they looked like veins, soft and elastic.

It has roots and grows in soil, this should count as a plant, right?

Wen QingLing cut off a tentacle, a red liquid sprayed out, the smell of blood assaulted his nose, like blood plasma.

The red liquid quickly stopped, the opening from the cut was already fully healed.

"The hell is this?"

Be it the colour, its scent, or where it grew, it all had something to do with blood. Wen QingLing temporarily named them 'blood anemones'.

He grabbed his backpack and packed away the large blood anemones, he couldn't take the smaller ones so he left them where they were.

He needs to bring these back to the base to research.

With a backpack strapped to his back and a dagger in his hand, Wen QingLing tiptoed to the factory's entrance. He didn't see any live zombies through the damaged roll-up door, instead there were countless lying on the ground.

Wen QingLing quietly lifted the roll-up door and walked out. He was startled by the scene outside.

The zombies lying on the ground nearby were all dead.

Wen QingLing examined these zombies and felt it was strange.

Zombies didn't feel pain, as long as the head isn't exploded they wouldn't die. But these zombies' heads were intact and their bodies didn't show any signs of being attacked. They just inexplicably died like this.