⟣Chapter 66

⟣•66•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Upon hearing the news, when Wen Qingling was about to leave, she made some arrangements. She instructed the sisters and the blood corpses to be extra vigilant.

As their son was not in the base, Jiang Lan and her husband Wen Zheng came up with a plan. They organized a team of civilized corpses to form a patrol squad. The squad consisted of skilled soldiers who had been brought back by Wen Qingling. With the storage of weapons filled with ammunition, it wouldn’t be easy for anything to ambush them.

To be on the safe side, Jiang Lan and Wen Zheng discussed the matter. They decided to form teams of five, with each team assigned an SUV for patrolling within the city. Each team was fully equipped with guns filled with ammunition. Let’s see who would dare to attack them.

Without Wen Qingling’s psychic abilities for exploration, they could only rely on manual patrols. Fortunately, the number of civilized corpses in the base had exceeded ten thousand and was increasing every day. They had an abundance of corpses, so who would they fear?

Just one hour after Wen Qingling left, the patrol team made a discovery outside the southern city. They spotted an old truck carrying a group of people rushing towards the southern city, with a swarm of corpses chasing behind them. The situation was extremely dangerous.

The patrol team parked their vehicles and waited at the entrance of the southern city. The old truck continued driving until it was close to them before finally stopping. The pursuing corpses also came to a halt. When faced with powerful beings of their kind, they instinctively avoided confrontation and wouldn’t rush to their deaths, even though the civilized corpses wouldn’t kill them.

Someone in the driver’s seat shouted, “Help! Help! Is Dr. Wen here? Our base is under attack by corpses, and many people have been infected. We need Dr. Wen’s help! We have crystal nuclei; we brought them!”

The two soldier zombies glanced at each other, then approached cautiously. They checked the driver’s seat and the cargo area, finding people in both places. Roughly counting, there were around twenty to thirty people. Some of them had more severe injuries, with dark bruises around the wounds, indicating that they were bitten by corpses. Others didn’t seem to be injured, and their wounds were not visible.

“Wait here.” The soldier zombies stepped back and quickly discussed with the other three. One of them went back to report, while the remaining four stayed behind.

They all knew that Lord Wen liked to save people and earn crystal nuclei. But now that he wasn’t here, they were unsure whether they should save these infected individuals or not. They would have to consult with Jiang Lan and Wen Zheng first.

When the soldier zombie delivering the report found Jiang Lan and Wen Zheng, Jiang Lan was comfortably lying on a chair with a face mask on, muttering, “Most of the face masks from before the apocalypse has expired. There are very few that haven’t expired. Don’t ruin my delicate little face.”

Wen Zheng took a sip of the blood anemone tentacle tea and said, “Don’t worry, the ingredients in your mask are different now. You’re no longer human; you’re a corpse. Expired skincare products can’t do anything to you.”

Jiang Lan glanced at him and asked, “Are you indirectly saying that I have thick skin?”

Wen Zheng: “…”

Wen Zheng’s survival instinct kicked in, “How could I? I was praising you. You were born beautiful, and you don’t need any skincare to look pretty.”

Only then did Jiang Lan let him off.

Wen Zheng breathed a sigh of relief. With their son not at home and his wife getting angry without anyone to share the burden, he felt a bit stressed.