⟣Chapter 75

⟣•75•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
The figure in the black robe saw Wen Qingling lost in thought and spoke up, “Qingling, we can cooperate.”

Wen Qingling snapped back to attention and coolly looked at him. “What kind of cooperation do you think we can have?”

The black-robed figure fell silent for a moment. “I know you must still hold a grudge against me. I was also foolish to have believed in Xu Shengfei at that time. She has caused us all this trouble. You hate her, and I hate her too. We can join forces to get rid of her. What do you think?”

Wen Qingling responded, “Do you think I need someone’s help to eliminate someone?”

The black-robed figure was left speechless by the question. If he weren’t a zombie, seeing the current Wen Qingling, he might mistake him for a human. But he was a zombie, and his sense of smell and racial instincts told him that Wen Qingling was not human. Wen Qingling was just like him, a zombie. He only appeared more human, while the black-robed figure appeared more monstrous.

The only thing the black-robed figure could think of was that Wen Qingling must have also used the blood anemone to become human.

The black-robed figure’s voice was hoarse as he struggled to speak, “Xu Shengfei turned you into a zombie and repeatedly sent corpse servants to attack your base. You won’t let her off the hook, and if you find her, she won’t be alive until now.”

Wen Qingling stared at him for a long time before saying, “Do you know where she is?”

The black-robed figure shook his head. “I only have a general direction, the exact location is unclear. It may require devouring more Undead to obtain a more precise location. If you need it, I can help you anytime.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Is this helping me?”

The black-robed figure corrected himself, “It’s also helping myself.”

Wen Qingling looked at the other black-robed figures. “Can they also sense the location of the ‘Mother Corpse’?”

The black-robed figure replied, “No, I was the first one to regain consciousness, so my sense is the clearest.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Judging by your numbers, it seems that not all zombies undergo mutations by consuming the Undead, right?”

After the two recent attacks by the Undead, there were plenty of Undead bodies, and there were certainly many zombies that had consumed their flesh and blood. However, among those, only their group had experienced mutations.

The black-robed figure admitted, nodding, “That’s right, not all zombies can undergo mutations. Moreover, their consciousness only partially recovers, and their thoughts are still confused. Currently, only my thinking is the clearest.”

This was similar to the fact that not all humans could awaken extraordinary abilities.

The randomness and uncontrollability of this process meant that even human researchers had not been able to understand the rules after studying it for a long time. The rules and conditions for zombie evolution and mutation were even more elusive.

It all depended on luck. Wen Qingling said, “If you want to cooperate, your ‘general direction’ won’t convince me.”

The black-robed figure nodded, “I will obtain a more precise location as soon as possible.”

As for how to obtain it, that was the black-robed figures’ affair.

Wen Qingling stared at him for a long time. This person was also a wolf in sheep’s clothing. He had regained consciousness and even attacked the Undead. He was someone who would do anything for power. However, he didn’t belong to the civilized zombies. He would eat and discard as he pleased, and Wen Qingling couldn’t control him.