⟣Chapter 67

⟣•67•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Xiao Hen deliberately drove the car to the outskirts of South City. Wen Qingling let his spiritual power extend toward South City and inquired about the situation in Ling City.

Jiang Lan and Wen Zheng informed Wen Qingling about the attacks on Ling City.

Wen Qingling lazily leaned back in his chair. “They want to steal the blood anemone? How interesting.”

Xiao Hen looked at Wen Qingling with vigilance. Without Xiao Hen having to say anything, Wen Qingling already knew what he wanted to know.

Wen Qingling said, “During the time I was away, Ling City was attacked four times. In the first wave, the Undead mixed in with the infected. It’s also possible that the infected were cooperating with them. The infected wanted me to treat them and generously offered crystal nuclei. But their ultimate goal was to steal the blood anemone. Their plan failed, and afterward, they no longer disguised their intentions and attempted to forcefully invade. However, it’s clearly impossible. The leader probably hasn’t evolved his brain well enough to think that Ling City would be at their mercy just because I’m not there. Who gave them such a misconception?”

Xiao Hen lightly tapped the steering wheel. He knew that Wen Qingling had the ability to see the past of others, but he could only see the past of living individuals; it didn’t work on the deceased. Xiao Hen was certain that Wen Qingling had investigated Feng Hui and Teacher Gao’s pasts. That’s how he knew about Teacher Gao’s son’s height.

Xiao Hen asked, “Did you make a discovery?”

Wen Qingling didn’t hide it from him. “The leader of the Undead might be someone we know.”

Although the person was wrapped in a black robe, making it impossible to see even their fingernails, Wen Qingling could still discern a lot from the height difference between the black-robed figure and Gao Hong. Not by looking at the hood, but by looking at the shoulders. The hood had a three-dimensional shape and a pointed tip, making it difficult to estimate the actual height. But the robe naturally hung from the shoulders, revealing the approximate height when combined with the head and neck. Wen Qingling could roughly determine that the black-robed person’s height was between 168 and 170 centimeters, which was not the height expected for a man.

Xiao Hen didn’t possess Wen Qingling’s abilities, nor did he see the black-robed person in Teacher Gao’s memory. Otherwise, he would have noticed even more things, not less, than Wen Qingling did. After all, he had received professional training.

Xiao Hen furrowed his brow. “Fang Zhen?”

Fang Zhen taking away a blood anemone had been bothering Xiao Hen all along.

Wen Qingling corrected him, “Wrong gender.”

Xiao Hen looked at him sharply. “Are you saying… Xu Shengfei?!”

Wen Qingling’s mouth curved into a smile. “Things are getting more and more interesting, aren’t they?”

Xiao Hen said, “I don’t find it amusing.”

Wen Qingling sighed lightly. “Have you ever noticed how lucky my cousin is?”

Xiao Hen nodded. “Indeed, she’s quite fortunate.”

From Xu Shengfei being a plant-based ability user struggling for survival with her parents for two years in the apocalypse, it’s easy to see that she’s a resourceful and cunning woman. She can endure, she’s ruthless, and she always manages to find a path that benefits her. And her luck is truly remarkable.