⟣Chapter 39

⟣•39•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Xiao Hen drove steadily and quickly arrived at Rong City.

Just after exiting the highway, they were blocked by an abandoned vehicle in front of them.

Xiao Hen had to stop the car and said, “This scene looks familiar.”

Wen Qingling leaned against his seat and said, “My zombie little brother won’t interfere here.”

Wen Qingling lifted his chin and said, “Get ready to pay the toll.”

Xiao Hen replied, “If you want food, I can provide it, but if you want crystal nuclei, I really don’t have any left.”

After the apocalypse, Xiao Hen frequently went out on missions and collected a lot of crystal nuclei. Besides using them for himself, he also gave many to Wen Qingling. His small treasury was nearly empty.

Soon after, Xiao Hen saw a few men walking out of the grass by the side of the road. They were carrying weapons, including knives, wooden clubs, and sticks. They appeared to be in difficult conditions.

They stood behind the abandoned vehicle, with one of them carrying a wooden club that was already aimed at Xiao Hen.

Judging from their attire and the way they held their wooden clubs, they were probably ordinary civilians and not scattered soldiers.

They shouted loudly, “Listen up, people in the car! If you want to enter Rong City, you must leave behind money, food, or crystal nuclei!”

Without hesitation, Xiao Hen took out a box of instant noodles from the space and threw it to them.

Xiao Hen said, “Get out of the way!”

The group of people’s eyes turned green when they saw the complete box of instant noodles.

In this era, it’s already extremely difficult to have enough food to eat. Who would still care whether it’s expired or not?

Someone immediately ran over and hugged the instant noodles, opened them up, and checked. Sure enough, it was a whole box, with not a single packet missing.

Several people exchanged a glance and all saw greed in each other’s eyes.

Wen Qingling said, “Kill them, they want to rob you.”

Xiao Hen turned his head to look at him, “Do you want to push the car down by yourself?”

Wen Qingling looked at him strangely, “Is there still something I need to personally handle?”

Xiao Hen was shocked, “You better not summon your zombie minions.”

He didn’t have any zombie minions, but he did have a bunch of thick and wild vines that could pierce through even hard cement and asphalt roads, throwing cars that blocked the way into the ditches on either side. The few people were scared out of their wits and ran away with their heads in their hands, not daring to have any other thoughts.

Wen Qingling raised an eyebrow at Xiao Hen.

Xiao Hen gave him a thumbs up, besides admiring him, what else could he say?

The off-road vehicle drove towards Rong City, the road was empty, with no survivors or zombies.

Of course, this was in Xiao Hen’s eyes. In Wen Qingling’s spiritual world, it was a completely different story.

Wen Qingling suddenly said, “I suspect you’re setting me up.” Xiao Hen turned his head to look at him, “I can refuse your accusation.”

Wen Qingling said, “Do you want to explain that this is the unique perspective of a soldier?”