⟣Chapter 41

⟣•41•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Yin Cheng described, “That’s a shame, I really wanted to see what the legendary humanoid monster looks like.”

Wen Qingling continued to stare at him, “You don’t just want to see it, you want to get it.”

Yin Cheng replied, “Well, who wouldn’t want to get their hands on something like that?”

Wen Qingling glanced at Xiao Hen.

Xiao Hen remained silent.

Wen Qingling nodded to himself, realizing that Xiao Hen had also wanted the blood anemone at one point, but after seeing the danger of the baby anemone, he stopped mentioning it.

Yin Cheng smiled and asked, “Colonel Xiao also wants it, doesn’t he?”

Wen Qingling nodded and shook his head, “He used to want it, but not anymore.”

Xiao Hen and Ji Rong, who knew the truth, thought to themselves, “What’s the point of getting a small monster like that? Will it save humanity?”

Yin Cheng looked at Xiao Hen curiously. He didn’t believe that Xiao Hen didn’t want the small monster that could cure infected people.

Wen Qingling looked at his patients and said, “Can you still walk? You’d better go back to the base to recover. The smell of blood will attract zombies.”

He couldn’t protect them forever.

The four of them helped each other leave the store and headed toward the base.

Wen Qingling carried his backpack and calmly followed behind.

They didn’t encounter any zombies on the way, and those who didn’t know the truth were grateful for their luck. Those who did know, however, kept their eyes on Wen Qingling.

Wen Qingling walked back to the off-road vehicle and waited for Xiao Hen to drive them back to Rong City.

The four injured people were stopped at the entrance to the base. Everyone who entered the base had to undergo a physical examination, and it was difficult for injured people to enter, especially those whose wounds were suspected to have been bitten by zombies.

Four people who returned alive shouted, “We weren’t infected! We’ve been cured! We don’t have the virus!”

No one believed them, and they still couldn’t enter the base.

Finally, the leader of the base decided to let them stay in a small house outside the base for two days. If they didn’t turn into zombies, then they would believe that they weren’t infected.

Meng Lao heard about the four people’s ordeal and that Wen Qingling was outside. He rushed over in a hurry, hoping to see Wen Qingling.

“Where is Dr. Wen? Where is he?” Meng Lao hurriedly asked, afraid of missing him again.

Xiao Hen glanced at the off-road vehicle and said helplessly, “He’s in the car. I’ll go ask him if he wants to come out and talk to you.”

Meng Lao was very excited, “Okay, hurry up.”

Meng Lao’s four assistants all respected him and couldn’t bear to see him, an elderly person, waiting by the roadside. Meng Lao had earned everyone’s respect in virus research, and what kind of person would dare to make him wait?

Shao Fei said, “Mr. Meng, we’ll go in and wait. Let him come to see you.”

Meng Lao was in a good mood and waved his hand to indicate that he didn’t mind.