⟣Chapter 95

⟣•95•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
The scene shifted, and in a desolate and dilapidated city, there was a massive heap of white flesh slowly wriggling forward. With each movement, the piled-up fat undulated along with it, making the wide streets appear crowded. As the flesh heap moved, it squeezed and collapsed the buildings on the roadside. Coarse reinforced concrete scraped against the white “meat mountain” without causing any damage.

A mutated cow swiftly ran past the “meat mountain,” but the sluggish heap suddenly spewed out a pile of slime, sticking the mutated cow to the ground. The “meat mountain” continued its slow wriggling, and a black hole appeared at its head. Inside the black hole were sharp and pointed teeth. The head extended forward, unfolding the stacked and thick folds, revealing crystalline structures within the folds. The “meat mountain” swallowed the mutated cow in one bite and continued its slow progress forward…

The scenery flew by, and Wen Qingling saw a gigantic ancient vine pulling itself out of the soil, leaving behind a huge pit. With its thick and soil-covered roots, it left the forest and headed towards the human city occupied by zombies. It planted itself in the city, waiting for survivors and mutated creatures to pass by. Whenever living beings passed, countless tendrils would tear them apart, burying their flesh and blood in the soil as nourishment for the ancient vine…

The perspective advanced and finally stopped above a city. The city was quiet, with zombies wandering silently throughout. Everything was eerily still. Wen Qingling recognized this place as Yunjing City, the economic and political center. While observing Yunjing City, he felt that something inside the city was also observing him. Wen Qingling carefully searched and finally locked onto a target.

It was a man with a slender figure and pale skin. He wore a black windbreaker and stood with his hands behind his back at the top of the tallest building. He was using his dark eyes to gaze at Wen Qingling’s consciousness. He slowly unfolded the hands behind his back, and around the building, giant “corpse mountains” suddenly appeared, obscuring the sky as they descended upon Wen Qingling. Wen Qingling tried to leave but realized that his consciousness was somehow imprisoned, preventing him from escaping. He struggled desperately and roared in anger…

Wen Qingling abruptly opened his eyes and met a concerned face.

He stared at Wen Qingling, and Xiao Hen was also taken aback. The worry and hostility between his brows were almost uncontrollable. Realizing that Wen Qingling had awakened, all the negative emotions vanished in an instant.

“You’re awake?” Xiao Hen’s voice was hoarse, as if he was utterly exhausted.

Wen Qingling sat up and realized he was lying in bed. The sky outside was already bright, and he felt strange. He remembered being on the rooftop of the Lord’s mansion, so how did he suddenly end up in the room? Wen Qingling looked suspiciously at Xiao Hen and asked, “Did you bring me in?”

Xiao Hen tightened his lips and grasped Wen Qingling’s hand, which Wen Qingling just noticed. Xiao Hen pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly, saying, “Let me hold you for a while.”

Wen Qingling wouldn’t know how Xiao Hen had been these past few days, not resting day or night. He was busy with the affairs of the civilized city during the day and stayed by Wen Qingling’s side at night. They tried everything to wake Wen Qingling up, but he remained unresponsive.

Wen Qingling’s perception had become more acute, and he could clearly sense Xiao Hen’s emotions.

Wen Qingling raised his hand slightly and gently patted Xiao Hen’s back, asking, “What’s wrong with you?”