⟣Chapter 61

⟣•61•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
As the sky grew brighter, everyone got on the large trucks and set off to retrieve the armored vehicles.

Shi Chong was left behind to continue building the house, while Xiao Hen, Ji Rong, and He Lin went along to help.

Before leaving, Wen Qingling called the Sisters and the blood corpse over and asked them to keep a close eye on Ling City. He knew that the little mouse hiding in the shadows would surely make a move once he left.

The Sisters and the blood corpse both assured him that they would take good care of the home.

Before leaving, the blood corpse couldn’t resist teasing Xiao Hen, congratulating him on finally becoming one of them and joining the big family of zombies. However, their enmity still remained and wouldn’t be resolved just because Xiao Hen had changed his kind.

Xiao Hen, driving an off-road vehicle, followed behind the large truck and asked, “Are we baiting them out?”

Wen Qingling replied, “No time to play hide-and-seek with them. Let them have a chance to cause trouble, and when I come back, I’ll deal with them all at once.”

Wen Qingling observed for a day and a night but didn’t notice anything unusual. Those things were definitely watching him from the shadows, waiting for him to leave.

Lingcheng was quite far from the location where the armored vehicles were parked. The group arrived at their destination in the afternoon. The armored vehicles were still there, but Xiao Hen’s off-road vehicle, which he had left behind, was gone. The previously closed door of one of the armored vehicles was shut, while the unopened door of another vehicle was now open.

Clearly, someone had been here.

Wen Qingling asked Xiao Hen, “Are all the armored vehicles here?”

Xiao Hen didn’t speak and went straight to the back of the armored vehicle convoy. When they came here yesterday, something happened in the middle section, so they didn’t see the back. Now, when they looked again, there were skid marks from an abrupt stop and tracks of the armored vehicles leaving.

Xiao Hen carefully observed and finally confirmed that three armored vehicles were missing.

Xiao Hen said, “Three are missing.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Were they stolen?”

Xiao Hen shook his head. “Not necessarily. It could also be that there were survivors in the armored vehicle convoy. They realized something was wrong up ahead and turned around to escape. After all, there aren’t many people who can drive armored vehicles unless they’ve received specialized training.”

Wen Qingling pondered for a moment and said, “So you’re saying there’s a possibility that Yin Cheng is still alive?”

Xiao Hen nodded with a serious expression.

If Yin Cheng was indeed alive, where would he go? Did he return to Central Mega City?

Xiao Hen looked at Ji Rong and He Lin, and they understood.

Ji Rong said, “I and Old He will go back and check.”

Wen Qingling said, “He Lin will go back alone, and you will stay.”

Ji Rong hesitated for a moment.

Ji Rong said, “It’s more convenient to have two people coordinating. If one person encounters trouble, there won’t even be someone to deliver the message…”

Wen Qingling interrupted, “He Lin alone is enough. You would be a burden if you go with him.”

Ji Rong fell silent.