⟣Chapter 57

⟣•57•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
A group of people returned to Ling City, and it was getting dark. Two large vehicles drove to the pre-planned breeding area, which used to be a large park. Now, the greenery inside had grown wild, perfect for the mutated livestock and poultry to settle in.

Wen Qingling built a wooden fence around the perimeter to prevent the mutated creatures from running out of the park.

Jiang Lan had already taken a mutated black chicken and went home. She didn’t accompany them and instead went back to stew a black chicken soup with Chinese angelica, a soup she had been longing for, for several days. Finally, she could have it.

The Core City and Inner City had been cleaned and repaired, resembling a base now. It was clean inside, and everything that shouldn’t be there had been removed. The Core City was more severely damaged than the Inner City, with the central area almost flattened. It used to be the gathering place for Evolved and “General.” Wen Qingling planned to clean up that area and rebuild it for future settlement.

Someone suggested that Wen Qingling should ask for the help of Earth-type Evolvers to speed up the construction process. With their assistance, even building a grand palace could be completed in a short time. Doing it manually, brick by brick, would take a considerable amount of time.

Time was the most lacking resource in the apocalypse. The situation was constantly changing, so anything that could be completed quickly should not be delayed.

However, Wen Qingling currently didn’t have a suitable Earth-type ability user candidate, so he had to temporarily postpone that idea.

Xiao Hen and Ji Rong had been following Wen Qingling all this time. Ji Rong might not be aware of the number of people in the civilization base before, but Xiao Hen knew very well. Today, seeing the increased number of people, his heart had some faint guesses, but he couldn’t believe or accept them.

On the way back, Ji Rong couldn’t help but ask, “Dr. Wen, what are the criteria for joining your base?”

Wen Qingling glanced at him. “Do you want to join?”

Ji Rong smirked. “With my qualifications, am I eligible to join?”

Wen Qingling replied, “No.”

Ji Rong: “…”

Ji Rong: “I’m a Fire-type ability user, I can use guns, and I have good skills. Isn’t that enough?”

Wen Qingling shook his head. “Doesn’t meet the requirements.”

Ji Rong: “What are your requirements, then?”

Wen Qingling looked at Xiao Hen, who had remained silent the whole time. Xiao Hen’s silence confirmed his suspicions to some extent.

Xiao Hen said, “Are you planning to turn the entire Ling City into a base?”

Wen Qingling replied, “No, in the future, Ling City will be renamed ‘Civilization City,’ and I want to build a city.”

Ji Rong was shocked. “You want to build a giant city that can accommodate tens of millions of people?”

Wen Qingling nodded. “We don’t have that many people for now, so let’s focus on construction first.”

Ji Rong laughed, “With your strict standards, your Civilization City will probably have only a handful of people.”

Wen Qingling said, “No.”

Ji Rong: “Even without standards, it’s extremely difficult to find tens of millions of survivors in this apocalypse. Building a city might be easy, but it’s hard to gather people.”