⟣Chapter 15

⟣•15•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Xiao Hen and his team wandered around South City for a few days. Along the way, their route was either blocked by zombie hordes or they were hunted by groups of zombies. Gone was the gentleness of the zombies from before.

They put the matter of Wen Qingling at the back of their heads first. Whether he truly had antibodies or not was still uncertain, so the team decided to head to the Ling City base first and continue their search for their mission target.

Fang Zhen, having heard that people were trying to locate his whereabouts, hurriedly fled from Ling City into South City. Xiao Hen’s team chased him to South City. However, many days had already gone by. Fang Zhen couldn’t remain in South City and escape their detection—he’d probably gone back to Ling City by now.

Xiao Hen and the four secretly investigated at the Ling City Base.

Fang Zhen was a very important individual. If he truly had antibodies in his body, humanity’s problem with creating the zombie virus vaccine could be solved. This was the reason why the higher-ups had sent their team over.

However, what Xiao Hen’s team did not expect was how cunning Fang Zhen was. It was hard to pin him down. Besides, they were currently in the apocalyptic era. Finding someone was not easy.

The only way to locate someone was through rumours and word-of-mouth, and even so, they had to consider whether the information they received was true or false.

At the Ling City base, Xiao Hen’s team heard a rumour. Apparently, South City had a doctor who could cure the infected.

After inquiring about it, Xiao Hen’s team of four found the mother-and-son pair who sold the news and paid up.

The woman was in a good mood—Xiao Hen was rather generous with the payment. The living expenses for the mother and her son for the next few months were basically settled.

“At that time, my son was bitten by a zombie, and we were abandoned by our team members. This happened not too far away from South City. I was at the end of my rope back then and considered holding my son and taking a few zombies down with us before dying.”

“However, a car drove out of South City and stopped right beside us. I rushed over, begged for help and gave him all the crystal nuclei I had with me.”

“I originally wanted to ask him to take us back to the Ling City base. However, I never would’ve expected him to get out of the car, take one look at my son, then fully cure him—my son was cured right in front of my eyes.”

“Everything I’ve said is true; you have to believe me. That man is a good person—we don’t see those often. He removed the zombie poison from my son and even gave me his car, while he walked back to South City on foot. I asked him where I could find him in the future. His reply to me was that he had opened a clinic in South City.”

Ji Rong looked at Xiao Hen. Why did this scene seem so familiar?

Come to the rescue in a car, then head back to South City after saving people.

Ji Rong asked, “What does he look like?”

The woman gestured with her hand, “He’s around this height. Pale, clean, handsome and obedient looking. It’s just that he seems a little indifferent. Though deep down he’s a warm-hearted person.”

Judging from the woman’s gestures, the other party should be about 180 cm tall, fair, handsome, and expressionless.

It was confirmed. There was no one else who fit that description as well as the person they’d been following did.