⟣Chapter 140

⟣•140•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
TL: Moonlit

We’re almost there, guys! ^^

When Ji Rong and the others saw Old Xue, they felt intimidated. Their previous habits were hard to change in a short period of time.

Old Xue glanced at them and took the initiative to extend his hand to Wen Qingling. “Long time no see, Lord Wen.”

In consideration of his relationship with Xiao Hen and Old Xue’s seniority, Wen Qingling gave him face and shook his hand.

Wen Qingling nodded toward the group of people who came with Old Xue. “General Xue, are they here for inspection?”

Old Xue couldn’t hold up his face and gave a signal to Xiao Hen who was standing beside him, but Xiao Hen saw it and remained indifferent.

Old Xue: “…”

Old Xue had to salvage the situation himself. “Xiao Hen has been staying here and hasn’t gone back, so I came to check on him.”

Wen Qingling showed interest. “General Xue, are you mistaken? Xiao Hen is not a resident of the Central Giant City, so what do you mean by going back?”

Old Xue felt awkward and looked at Xiao Hen, hoping he would say something, but Xiao Hen remained silent.

Old Xue was on the verge of losing his temper. This brat, why didn’t he come to the rescue at a time like this? Next time, he would make sure his father breaks his legs.

Xiao Hen couldn’t hear Old Xue’s thoughts at all. All his attention was focused on the group of people who came with them.

Xiao Hen remained cold and emotionless, as if he didn’t recognize Old Xue. “Just say what you want to say, no need to beat around the bush.”

Old Xue: “…”

Only then did Old Xue carefully examine Xiao Hen. He felt that something was off about this kid. Not only his temperament and tone of speech, but even his attitude towards him was wrong, and his gaze lacked any trace of emotion.

No, this was too wrong. Was this person really Xiao Hen?

One of the high-ranking officials accompanying them sneered, “Since you put it that way, let me ask directly. Are you and Wen Qingling humans or zombies?”

As soon as these words came out, Wen Qingling and Xiao Hen showed no reaction, but Ji Rong and the others became alert, their hair standing on end, as they looked at the people in front of them.

Originally, they just wanted to ask if Wen Qingling was a zombie, but this high-ranking official had implicated Xiao Hen as well.

Old Xue angrily said, “General Zhu, be careful with your words. This matter has nothing to do with Xiao Hen.”

General Zhu laughed. “Considering his relationship with Wen Qingling, do you still think it has nothing to do with him?”

Old Xue was speechless. Xiao Hen had already left the Central Giant City to protect Wen Qingling, but this information had been concealed and kept from the public. If it were to be leaked, it would raise doubts about Xiao Hen’s humanity.

Wen Qingling’s mouth curved up. “Whether we are humans or zombies, what difference does it make?”

General Zhu’s expression darkened. “If you are humans, we are on the same side. If you are not, then we are enemies!”

Wen Qingling raised a finger and shook it. “Don’t misunderstand. Even if we are humans, we are not on the same side. We never were. And as for enemies… Are you sure you want to be enemies with me?”