⟣Chapter 52

⟣•52•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Xiao Hen followed them outside and stood by the car, watching Ji Rong refueling. However, his attention was focused on Wen Qingling and Yang Mengyu, not far away. Xiao Hen could roughly guess what Yang Mengyu wanted to say, but he couldn’t anticipate Wen Qingling’s attitude.

Yang Mengyu said, “Which base are you in now?”

Wen Qingling replied, “Civilization Base.”

Yang Mengyu nodded and asked, “I haven’t heard of this base. Where is it?”

Wen Qingling responded, “Ling City.”

Yang Mengyu was surprised and said, “Didn’t they say that an eighth-level evolved ‘General’ appeared in Ling City, and there are no survivors within a hundred miles? Why is your base still in Ling City?”

Wen Qingling casually said, “The ‘General’ has already left. Ling City is safe for us.”

Yang Mengyu hesitated and spoke again, “Considering that we were classmates, can you introduce us to your base? We have nowhere to go now. If we can’t find a place to settle down, we’ll end up becoming food for the zombies.”

Wen Qingling replied, “No.”

Yang Mengyu said, “…”

Yang Mengyu fell silent. She wanted to try again and said, “Among us, there are people with abilities. We won’t cause you any trouble. Can you please help us?”

Wen Qingling still refused and said, “My base is not suitable for you.”

Yang Mengyu was extremely surprised and asked, “Is the Civilization Base the base you established?”

Wen Qingling confirmed, “Yes.”

Yang Mengyu felt embarrassed and helpless, saying, “Then why can’t you accept us? Are you still angry about what happened earlier? It was our fault. I can have Feng Yi and Feng Hui apologize to you. Can we?”

Wen Qingling shook his head and said, “No need.”

Yang Mengyu bit her lip, not knowing what else to say.

Compared to their high school days, Wen Qingling was much colder now. He seemed like an emotionless block of ice, and even his tone of speech hardly changed. The apocalypse truly changed people’s characters, and the gentle and kind youth from back then had completely vanished.

Yang Mengyu pleaded, “Wen Qingling, please help us.”

Wen Qingling remained silent.

Not receiving a response, Yang Mengyu sighed and asked, “Where are you heading now?”

Wen Qingling answered, “A small town in the countryside.”

Yang Mengyu looked at the large truck and said, “Can you take us with you? If we come across a survivor base along the way, you can drop us off there. Would that be possible?”

They were indeed in a desperate situation, not even having a gun in their hands. The best weapon they had was a knife, and although they had a few individuals with abilities, those powers were not endless and would eventually run out. They lost many people during their escape, and if they continued like this, they would all die.

Wen Qingling thought for a moment and said, “10 common zombie crystal nuclei per person, and the cost of the ride.”

Yang Mengyu hesitated and replied, “…”

Yang Mengyu said, “… Okay.”

Yang Mengyu went back to discuss with the others.

Feng Hui was the first to explode, saying, “He has his own base but refuses to take us in. And now he wants 10 common crystal nuclei per person to ride in his car? Is his car made of gold?!”