⟣Chapter 46

⟣•46•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Someone asked Wen Qingling, “Is the ‘General’ dead?”

Wen Qingling looked at the person strangely. How could the “General,” who was such a formidable presence, easily die in a place like Ling City, which was a “zombie paradise” with over 20 million zombies in the past two years?

The chances of zombie evolution were extremely high. They didn’t need to gradually evolve from low-level to high-level. For example, the Level 8 evolved zombie, the “General,” was already at that level from the beginning of its evolution. During the evolution process, it attracted numerous evolved zombies to come close and protect it. Just like the Level 7 evolved zombie, the “Turret,” nobody knew how it completed its evolution, and there was no scientific basis for it, but the “Turret” existed.

Undoubtedly, the “General” was the strongest among the zombies that Wen Qingling had encountered. However, it was not easy for the “General” to kill Wen Qingling. Every time Wen Qingling died, he would automatically absorb the energy of other zombies and resurrect himself. Regardless of whether the absorbed zombies volunteered or not, the more times Wen Qingling died, the stronger he would become. The loss of zombie minions would also be greater. Even if his neck was twisted or his head was severed, it would be useless as he could always regenerate.

The “General” got fed up and finally realized that Wen Qingling was an even more terrifying presence than itself. After a night of battle without any result, Wen Qingling became increasingly powerful while the “General” had no choice but to leave in anger.

If you can’t provoke someone, you can always avoid them.

So the “General” ran away from home, and no one knew where it went.

Xiao Hen: “…”

Ji Rong: “…”

If the “General” ran away from home, who would suffer in the end?

Of course, it would be the human survivors’ base!

Ji Rong sincerely advised, “Dr. Wen, next time we can’t do such things. All these terrifying beings ‘running away from home’ one by one will lead to chaos in the outside world, even if Ling City is safe.”

Wen Qingling leisurely said, “Children have to leave home eventually. It’s no good for them to stay at home all day. If they’re zombies, they should go out and explore!”

Ji Rong: “…”

Xiao Hen: “…”

Wen Qingling sent people to clean up the battlefield. After this battle, all the zombie crystals belonged to Wen Qingling. He even had people retrieve the remaining blood anemones, and even the soil with his bloodstains was also shoveled back.

Having experienced the horrors of blood corpses, Wen Qingling had to be more cautious.

He generously waived the debt of 300 ordinary crystals owed by Song Youyuan as compensation for his participation in the battle. Right after the battle, Song Youyuan was sent back to Rong City to guard the training base there on behalf of Wen Qingling.

As for Xiao Hen, being alive was the greatest compensation given to him by Wen Qingling.

Xiao Hen’s neck had been bitten by the “General,” and the wound had already healed. It had also been treated with blood anemone, but the toxins had not been completely eliminated. There was still a dark green mark, resembling an ice flower, on the left side of Xiao Hen’s neck. If he used blood anemone to detoxify, the dark green mark would disappear, but it would reappear shortly after, and as time passed, the mark would grow larger until it spread throughout his body.