⟣Chapter 89

⟣•89•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Thinking about the fact that humans need to hunt zombies in large quantities to provide energy for weapons, Wen Qingling couldn’t help but frown. Although he needed zombie crystal nuclei to enhance his strength, he hadn’t hunted zombies on a large scale since becoming a zombie himself, except for the time he fought against the “General.” The zombies that died at his hands were all foolish enough to attack him first.

The idea of learning to use crystal nuclei energy like the Central Mega City was beyond Wen Qingling’s capabilities. He would rather go and extract oil.

Hmm… places with oil fields are too far away from Ling City. Relying on oil is not a good solution after all.

Without diesel, crystal nuclei energy couldn’t be used, leaving only two options: primitive farming methods and earth-type ability users.

Wen Qingling pondered, rubbing his chin. Earth-type ability users were very useful; they could till the soil faster than a plowing machine and didn’t require diesel. The earth’s energy they consumed would replenish itself after resting. If there weren’t a scarcity of ability users, Wen Qingling really wanted to hire a group of earth-type ability users for farming.

For now, he could only try to find agricultural machinery and diesel as much as possible. If he couldn’t find them, the only option would be to train mutant cows to plow the fields.

Wen Qingling had people start harvesting beans and spread them out on a flat square to dry. He also had Shi Chong help with tilling the soil, burying the fallen beans back into the ground, and ripening them once again, strictly following the instructions from his “birth father.” The beans did not split open again this time, and the harvest was definitely going to be greater than the first time.

The cultivation area in South City was large, with many crops. Xiao Hen had to temporarily halt other construction in the civilized city and have people come over to harvest the crops before continuing with the construction.

Wen Qingling delegated these matters to Xiao Hen and drove to the Xiang County base to discuss the issues of the walls and the cultivation area with Chang Boheng.

During this period of time, Xiang County had undergone earth-shattering changes. Now, there was only the Xiang County base, as Chang Boheng had brought all the small and large organizations under his control.

When Wen Qingling arrived at Xiang County, he saw a crowded scene of survivors. The base was extremely crowded, with small tents and makeshift huts everywhere, giving a shabby and chaotic appearance.

When Wen Qingling found Chang Boheng, he was leading earth-type ability users in expanding the walls. When he turned and saw Wen Qingling, Chang Boheng was pleasantly surprised. “Dr. Wen… no, Lord Wen, why do you have time to come to Xiang County?”

The recent happenings in Ling City couldn’t be hidden from the surrounding survivors, and Chang Boheng was well aware of it. Moreover, the appearance of the Civilized City was so large that it could be seen from afar.

Wen Qingling’s gaze swept over several earth-type ability users and asked, “How many people are there in the base now?”

Chang Boheng had a beaming smile. Thanks to Lord Wen, the Xiang County base now had nearly fifteen thousand people.

Wen Qingling shook his head. “You can gather all the survivors around Ling City and bring all the survivors in the entire Lan Province under your control to form a super-large survivor base.”

Upon hearing these words, Chang Boheng and the other high-level members of the Xiang County base were all in a dreamlike state, thinking they were hallucinating. To gather all the survivors from dozens of prefecture-level cities, hundreds of county-level cities, nearly a thousand towns, and establish control over the entire Lan Province—did they think they hadn’t died fast enough? With just over ten thousand people in the Xiang County base, the chances of taking control of all the survivors in Lan Province were almost zero.