⟣Chapter 49

⟣•49•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Wen Qingling brought a sliced large blood anemone and set off in the car.

The area near Ling City was no longer as safe as before, with many zombies roaming around, and evolved zombies were everywhere. Previously, there were survivors nearby who would come to Ling City to collect supplies. However, since they were “cleared out” by the “General,” there were no living people within a hundred miles.

Now that the “General” had left and Ling City had made such a big commotion, some bold survivors began to get curious and wanted to investigate. However, they were scared away by the roaming zombies nearby, so they kept their distance and looked toward Ling City.

Wen Qingling’s car drove out of Ling City, and the survivors who were lingering nearby saw it. As the car approached, they saw that there was only one person inside, which immediately put their minds at ease. Someone stood in the middle of the road, holding a weapon, trying to stop the car.

While eating the jerky prepared by his dear mother, Wen Qingling drove forward with a pale face, showing no intention of slowing down. Since he wanted to die, he couldn’t hold others back.

The survivors shouted, “Stop the car! If you don’t stop, I’ll throw a log at you!”

Wen Qingling continued calmly eating the jerky. The survivors really threw the log, but unfortunately, their aim was poor. They missed the car, and as it was about to hit them, the survivors standing in the middle of the road couldn’t withstand it and crawled to the side, narrowly saving their lives. All the survivors cursed the passing car owner loudly.

Then they regretted it because all their tires were pierced by sturdy wooden spikes. If they wanted to leave, they had to rely on their legs. If they encountered more wandering zombies, they would have to see who could run faster, them or the zombies.

Survivors: “…”

They all regretted cursing their mothers collectively!

Wen Qingling continued speeding toward Rong City.

The Rong City base was still there, but the small group that used to collect tolls was gone, either changing their occupation or dying.

Wen Qingling was still on the road, and his spiritual power had already spread out, searching for the traces of the three research assistants.

As for Shao Fei, who was pulled over by Yin Chen to act as a human shield, he was seriously injured at the time but didn’t die. Yin Cheng took his men to chase after Wen Qingling and Xiao Hen. No one treated Shao Fei, and he was left behind in the Rong City base. Unfortunately, the base had no healers, and regular medicine had no effect on his injuries. He could only cling to life, waiting for death.

Originally, Wen Qingling had no intention of taking him along. However, when he drove past the Rong City base, he suddenly had an idea.

After Wen Qingling left, the Vine Hell disappeared. Only a devastated ground was left behind. After Yin Cheng and Wen Qingling’s group left, the Rong City base returned to its previous tranquility.

The people inside the base were all terrified. When they saw a strange vehicle approaching, they became frightened. When they saw Wen Qingling get out of the car, they all rushed into the base and quickly closed the gate. They didn’t even bother to greet him, refusing to let him in.

Wen Qingling: “…”

He looked up at the low base walls, estimating that they were not even five meters high. Wen Qingling lightly jumped and stood on top of the wall.