⟣Chapter 44

⟣•44•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Wen Qingling picked up all the paper bags and swiftly disappeared into the mall, carrying the bound little zombie girl, before returning to the Air Force training base.

Wen Qingling threw the little girl on the ground, along with the paper bag. She untied the zombie girl and took the headless doll out of her mouth, warning her, “If you dare to make a sound again, I’ll sew your mouth shut.”

The little zombie girl was extremely agitated and kept howling.

Wen Qingling said, “Let’s make a deal. I’ll restore your appearance, and you’ll help me guard Rong City. How about that?”

The little zombie girl threw a worn-out shoe at Wen Qingling to express her refusal.

Wen Qingling: “…”

Wen Qingling took out a small blood anemone and threw it to the little zombie girl. As soon as she smelled the scent of fresh flesh and blood, she immediately grabbed it and started gnawing on it, regardless of what it was.

After finishing the plant, her appearance was restored, her flesh regenerated, and she finally turned back into a normal human child.

Wen Qingling said, “Go change into some new clothes.”

The girl, now able to speak again, replied, “No, I won’t. The clothes you chose are all ugly.”

Wen Qingling felt challenged. “Look for yourself. These dresses I picked out, aren’t they exactly the same as the one you’re wearing?”

The girl looked down on him. “You’re blind. Do any of the dresses you chose have lace? Are they fluffy skirts? None of them are. What kind of princess dresses are these?”

Wen Qingling was confused. “What are you talking about?”

The girl said condescendingly, “You won’t understand even if I explain.”

Wen Qingling: “…”

Wen Qingling said, “Okay, fine. If they’re not, they’re not. Then our deal is considered complete.”

The girl stood with her hands on her hips in a huff. “It’s not complete. I haven’t agreed yet. Why should I guard the city for you?”

Wen Qingling replied, “You ate my blood anemone, so you’ll have to help me guard the city.”

The girl retorted, “You gave it to me yourself. I didn’t ask for it.”

Wen Qingling: “…”

Wen Qingling became angry. “I won’t talk to you anymore. I’ll go find your parents. Where are your mom and dad?”

No one has dared to owe him crystal nuclei and not return them to this day.

The little girl’s eyes rolled around, “I don’t have a dad. My dad sacrificed himself a long time ago. If you can save my mom and uncle too, I’ll agree to guard Rong City for you.”

Wen Qingling: “…”

Wen Qingling: “Then you have to give me 300 ordinary crystal nuclei.”

The girl patted her chest, “No problem. My uncle is a pilot here, he’s especially amazing.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Where is your uncle?”

The little girl deflated, “He’s among these zombies. Maybe you can help me find him.”

Wen Qingling replied, “I really appreciate it, but I don’t know what your uncle looks like. How can I help you find him?”

The little girl tilted her head, “Aren’t you very capable?”