⟣Chapter 91

⟣•91•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Wen Qingling said, “According to what you said, is the reason why the strength of civilized zombies cannot continue to improve because the energy obtained from the blood anemone is insufficient?”

Wen Qingling had already noticed that the faster his advancement and the higher his level, the greater the gap between him and the civilized zombies. They could no longer keep up with his pace as they did before. After reaching a strength comparable to a Level 3 evolved zombie, they seemed to have encountered a bottleneck. No matter what they did, they couldn’t continue to improve.

Wen Qingling had been unable to figure out the reason behind this. After Old Zhu’s analysis, he suddenly thought of the possibility of “insufficient cell energy.” Otherwise, it couldn’t explain why he couldn’t increase his strength through bloodline connection anymore.

Old Zhu said, “That could be the reason. I can only determine the specifics after further research. However, it is highly likely that the problem lies in cell energy. Your blood energy is extremely powerful. With just a drop of blood, a blood anemone can grow. During its growth, the blood anemone absorbs powerful substances from the environment, making the power in your blood milder. When civilized zombies directly consume the transformed blood anemone, their strength becomes stronger, but there is a peak. Once the energy from that drop of blood is depleted, their strength will no longer increase. The cells, strengthened by the energy, will plateau at that peak.”

Wen Qingling asked, “Is it still possible to further strengthen it? Or can I directly use my blood?”

“You must never do that,” Old Zhu quickly interrupted him. “Your blood is extremely dangerous, powerful yet unstable. It’s highly prone to mutation. The fact that you were able to transform into something resembling a human with the blood anemone and not a monster is already a stroke of luck. Please don’t take any more risks.”

Wen Qingling: …

In fact, blood zombies were just mis-transformed monsters, and there was also Xu Shengfei…

Wen Qingling thought of a possibility. If his blood was really so unstable and prone to mutation, could Xu Shengfei’s condition be the result of another mutation of his blood?

Old Zhu repeatedly cautioned, “Remember, your blood is extremely special. It’s best not to let yourself bleed. Your flesh and blood can either save the world or destroy it. Keep that in mind.”

Wen Qingling said, “But you’re an expert who can produce three results at once. Can’t you find a way to cure my mutation?”

Old Zhu replied, “Producing three results at once is just a matter of ‘one anemone, three uses.’ The tentacles can extract an antidote, the surface of the tentacles and blood anemone can produce vaccines, and the blood anemone’s liquid can be made into a transformation agent. As long as there is blood anemone, these are not challenging.”

Wen Qingling nodded, understanding Old Zhu’s explanation. He urged Old Zhu to make the transformation agent as soon as possible and contribute to civilization. Even if the transformed individuals were “new humans,” he accepted it. After all, they had a faint connection with him through their blood. Since he became their father, even if the children didn’t resemble him, he had to accept them. He couldn’t just abandon them, right?

With the experimental detoxification agent and vaccines, Wen Qingling left the research facility, planning to find human subjects to test them on.

“I’ll go with you,” Xiao Hen said as he got in the car.

“Aren’t you busy?” Wen Qingling looked at him with a gaze that said, ‘Is it appropriate for an employee to take a day off in front of the boss?’