⟣Chapter 130

⟣•130•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
TL: Moonlit

Wen Qingling did not go to the Core City and instead met Yuan Chen at the clinic. There was not even a single bodyguard by his side, and the clinic was empty, with only Wen Qingling alone. It could be said that he had no airs and no facade at all.

Yuan Chen couldn’t gauge Wen Qingling’s depth and felt that the rumored Lord of Civilization was too young and seemed lacking in sophistication.

Yuan Chen cautiously introduced himself and then asked Wen Qingling the reason he sought him out.

Throughout the conversation, Yuan Chen kept staring into Wen Qingling’s eyes. Similarly, Wen Qingling liked to look into people’s eyes when speaking because that was the only way to better understand the other person’s thoughts and intentions.

Wen Qingling said, “I want to ask you how you persuaded your cousin to give you control of the Yue County Base.”

Yuan Chen smiled and said, “My brother and I have had a good relationship since we were young. After graduating from college, we went our separate ways and were busy with our own careers. In the post-apocalyptic world, we thought there were no more relatives left, but unexpectedly, we were able to see each other alive.”

“I also heard about the situation in Ling City. That’s why I brought the people from the base to seek refuge here. However, too many people came over, and Xiang County and Xu County are already overcrowded. Housing is extremely tight. When we passed by Yue County, we discovered a base there, so we decided to settle there first and make further plans.”

“Later, Yuan Li suddenly approached us. We didn’t know he was still alive, and we were extremely happy. We talked about the situation here, and he invited me to live in the Civilization City. Due to the regulations of the Civilization City, only I could come, and the survivors who came with me couldn’t. I couldn’t just abandon them. After discussing with Yuan Li, we decided to establish Yue County Base so that we can accommodate more survivors.”

Yuan Chen sighed, “This is also thanks to Yuan Li. I didn’t know he had the ability to control the zombie horde. He’s truly amazing.”

Yuan Chen looked into Wen Qingling’s eyes and smiled, “Now that the Yue County Base has been established, it’s okay if I’m not there occasionally. I promised them that one day we would live in the Civilization City. Now that you’re back, I wonder if we can move and live there?”

Ji Rong: “…”

Is this person out of his mind?

The rules state that outsiders cannot live in the Civilization City, and Wen Qingling himself established those rules. How can he have the audacity to ask Wen Qingling to change them for him?

Wen Qingling remained expressionless, seemingly lost in thought. Ji Rong’s heart skipped a beat. Could it be? Is the boss really considering this?!

Wen Qingling said, “How many people do you have? Where do you want to live?”

Yuan Chen’s smile was warm. “The leadership team will definitely move in, around a hundred or so people. As for the place to live, it would be best to be closer to the Core City. It depends on your arrangements, Lord.”

Wen Qingling said, “Currently, the population in the Civilization City is still scarce, and there’s plenty of space available. You can choose where you want to live.”

Ji Rong: “…”

What’s going on? Has Wen Qingling been bewitched?!

Yuan Chen politely said, “What do you think of the inner city?”