⟣•𝗘𝗡𝗗•⟢

⟣•145•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Half a month later, when Feng Cheng’s injuries had just recovered, he came to Civilization City alone. He stood outside the city walls without entering.

Entering someone else’s territory without permission could be seen as a provocation. With Tong in their hands, Feng Cheng didn’t dare to act recklessly.

He came alone to make a statement. He genuinely came to retrieve someone, not to fight or seek revenge… Besides, he might not even win a fight, especially considering the resemblance between Tong and that person.

If they could coexist peacefully and return Tong to him, Feng Cheng could let go of his grudge and hindrance to becoming the king.
Feeling Feng Cheng’s presence, the young boy became excited. He had been obedient for half a month, and now Feng Cheng had finally come to take him away.

The young boy looked at Xiao Hen with shining eyes, hoping that he would keep his promise.

Upon learning that Feng Cheng had arrived, Wen Qingling and Xiao Hen immediately came to where the boy was. Faced with such a boy, Wen Qingling couldn’t bring himself to be angry. Liking and relying on someone was not something one could decide for themselves.

Perhaps Feng Cheng had genuinely treated the boy well; otherwise, the boy wouldn’t have been so fixated on him.
Xiao Hen brought Wen Qingling and the boy, appearing on the city wall together.

Feng Cheng’s gaze fell first on the boy, as if inspecting him for any injuries or grievances. Wen Qingling couldn’t help but want to punch him when he saw his protective appearance.

Wen Qingling asked him, “Can you tell whose child he is now?”
Feng Cheng felt wronged and replied, “He’s from your family… but I found him and raised him.”

If he could overpower them, he wouldn’t waste time talking. He would simply take the boy away.

Wen Qingling coldly snorted, “You’re so fond of our child?”

Feng Cheng nodded repeatedly, “I… I can take care of him.”

Wen Qingling maintained an authoritative tone, “If you take him away, can you protect him?”

Feng Cheng continued nodding, “I can, definitely.”

Wen Qingling lifted his chin, “Then let me ask you, how did Tong suddenly grow up?”

Feng Cheng: “…”

Wen Qingling didn’t hide the truth from him either, “I have two more children at home who just don’t grow, no matter how they eat.”

Feng Cheng felt a bit hurt. It seemed like his energy reserves were being used by someone else. “It’s… energy.”

Wen Qingling’s eyes brightened. When they were feeding Kui Bao, they only provided meat and never gave them energy. It seemed that as long as they saved enough energy, the children could grow.

Afterward, Wen Qingling made a few more requests before allowing Feng Cheng to take the boy away.

This decision surprised not only Feng Cheng and the boy but even Xiao Hen didn’t expect Wen Qingling to agree so readily.

Wen Qingling turned arrogantly and said, “Since the child wants to go with him, then let him. Having more bodyguards is not a bad thing. Besides, he can’t defeat us, and he wouldn’t dare to mistreat Tong.”

Feng Cheng: “…”

The threat in his words was palpable!
Before leaving, Wen Qingling suddenly remembered something, and Feng Cheng immediately pulled the boy behind him to hide.