⟣Chapter 82

⟣•82•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
Miao Bo closed his eyes as if he had made a decision. “Wen Qingling, how about making a deal? I’ll exchange one person for Fang Shenlong’s safety.”

Wen Qingling replied lazily, “I don’t know if you have someone I’m interested in.”

Miao Bo said confidently, “You’ll definitely be interested.”

Wen Qingling raised an eyebrow. “Tell me more.”

Miao Bo’s eyes gleamed coldly. “Do you remember the person you went to the Ling City Base to find?”

Wen Qingling realized something and sat up straight.

Seeing his reaction, Miao Bo knew things could work out. “The person you were looking for, Fang Zhen, is in the Yue County Base.”

Wen Qingling stood up, jumped down from the car roof, and walked up to Miao Bo, staring into his eyes. “Are you sure it’s Fang Zhen?”

Miao Bo met his gaze without flinching. “I’m sure. He’s in the base. He has relatives in Yue County and holds a certain position there. He came to seek refuge with his relatives, and I have seen him in the base before.”

Wen Qingling observed closely and realized that Miao Bo wasn’t lying.

Wen Qingling asked, “Is he the only one? Is there a person dressed in a black robe or a tall woman with him?”

Miao Bo replied, “I don’t know if there’s a woman, but there’s no one dressed in a black robe. You know about the exclusivity of the Yue County Base. Strangers or people with unknown backgrounds are targeted as soon as they enter Yue County and won’t make it to the base.”

Wen Qingling looked at him suspiciously. “Do the people in the Yue County Base never go out?”

Miao Bo sighed, “It’s not easy to get in, so who would be willing to go out? Moreover, there are so many zombies outside. Going out doesn’t guarantee a safe return.”

Wen Qingling was impressed by the tight security measures of the Yue County Base, not allowing outsiders in and not venturing out themselves. They had unintentionally cut off the invasion of the zombie horde. He couldn’t decide whether it was luck for the Yue County Base or if the people there were too ruthless, even scaring off the zombies.

Wen Qingling said, “I don’t make bad deals. Since you want to exchange Fang Zhen for Fang Shenlong, go and find Fang Zhen. Once I see him, I’ll naturally release Fang Shenlong.”

Miao Bo gritted his teeth. “Deal.”

Wen Qingling turned around and signaled, “Ji Rong, drive. Take me and Deputy Squad Leader Miao to find the person. The rest of you stay here.”

Ji Rong gestured and got into the modified off-road vehicle first.

Those left behind, including Xiong Shu, trembled and asked, “Boss, there are so many zombies here. Will we see you when you come back?”

Others, like Chang Boheng, had similar concerns.

Wen Qingling glanced at Xiong Shu and replied, “Don’t worry. These zombies are much more obedient than humans. As long as you don’t do anything foolish, they won’t attack you.”

With Wen Qingling’s words, those who knew the truth felt somewhat relieved, while those unaware shed tears, thinking that zombies couldn’t possibly be obedient. It was clearly an attempt to comfort them.

Xiong Shu consoled himself, “Wouldn’t it be better if a zombie bit me?”

Then, the boss could cure him, and he would have antibodies, never having to struggle with zombies again. It would be perfect.