CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

Sick Mom's Wish

- SKYLAR -

The night after I received the call from Matty my mind and heart felt really unease, there was no fudging moment that my eyes let my cheeks to be dry, so the next morning keana went to our house and talked to my brother Lucas about me sneaking inside.

So here I am now with my cousin. We made it inside entering the back gate, we unlocked it using the key lucas had given to us and almost tip toeing towards the kitchen.

You know the feeling that I'm part of this house but because my father didn't want and accept my choices he cast me out and become a stranger to my own home, well yeah it sucks - not my home anymore.

Never in my wildest dream I had imagine that my relationship with my dad would be like this. I love him and my entire family but I can't leave Kaia, she's part of me, a part of my life now and will always be forever.

'' Sky? '' I turned around to see who's silently calling me. At first I couldn't comprehend who it was due to the darkness covering the area, when he stepped a bit closer, the image of a man came clearer. He's standing near the stairs, he's wearing just a simple shirt and shorts with his hair disarray and the look of tiredness in his eyes were visible - he's worn out and my heart ache the way he looks like.

'' Matty '' my eyes soften and want to tear up again. He extend his arms and I ran towards him engulfing myself to his warmth.

'' I missed you so much matty '' I told him tightening my hug. He kissed my forehead and mumbled the same way.

'' mom is waiting for you, come on ''

The three of us silently walked going to my mom's room. And when we reached it my hands got cold and my heart starts to beat erratically.

am I ready to face mom?

ofcourse I am

but I want my healthy mom not the sick one.

Matty was about to open the door when I hold his hand to stop him for me to breath. He looked at me and smile '' it will be okay princess, let's go in '' I nodded.

The door creaked open and a familiar room got infront my eyes and there I saw lucas standing just few inches beside my mom's bed. When he heard us he tilted his head and almost ran towards me when he gets to see me.

'' princess I missed you so much, how are you??? '' he asked as I feel his trembling body against mine. I hugged him tight and let tears roll down from my face.

'' thank you lucas and I miss you too '' he pulled away from the embrace and looked at me. His eyes were red, he just recently cried like matty. He cupped my face and spoke.

'' I'm sorry baby that you're suffering like this. I'm sorry '' and a tear escapes from her sad eyes.

I wiped it out and kissed my brother's cheek.

'' don't say sorry lucas, you and matty had done so much for me and I'm so thankful for that. I love you both '' I told hugging my brothers.

When we pulled ourselves away I moved to my mom who are now asleep. Her hair sprawled over the bed, she looked so weak and  got thinner. Matty told me that mom was diagnosed with stage 4  cancer of the ovary. So that's the reason why this last few months she got an on and off pain in that lower region and vomits a lot. I told her many times to go and see a doctor, but she insisted that it was just only because of stress.

And now this?

I even asked matty if there are still cure but he sadly answered me that there's nothing to do other than the palliative care, meaning the medicines would be just to relieve the symptoms especially the pain.

I hold my mom's hand and kissed her forehead. I stared at her sleeping aura and I feel my heart crying hard until I realized that I am really crying with my shoulders going up and down.

Keana hugged me and told me that my tears will bring sadness to my mom, as I understand it I harshly wiped my face dry.

Keana is right I shouldn't have crying infront of her.

I feel my mom shifted her weight and slowly opening her eyes.

'' Sky is that you? am I not dreaming? '' she told weakly trying to sit up that I abruptly cut her to do so.

'' mom don't just lie there, I'm here and you're not dreaming '' I forced a smile and kissed her cheeks and hands.

'' Why you just came home? '' she asked innocently.

so she really doesn't know?

I turned around and glare at lucas, he shook his head as well as matty and I got it.

'' ahm just busy mom. I'm sorry but when matty told me about y....yo...''

'' my condition? '' I nodded hiding a tear that was about to come out.

'' I...I went home, mom why? ''

'' I'm sorry baby..I didn't know as well '' her voice cracked.

'' m...mom I'm so sorry ''

and I couldn't hold it any longer as my tears roll down fast. I hugged my mom. I can't, I just can't let go of my mom.

'' I love you mom so so much '' my voice was filled with love and hurt and longing for my mom. We didn't have the best longest time of being together because of work and now we're counting the months to be with her.

'' mom why why it has to be you??? ''

'' ssshhh don't cry skylar. God has his own reason for all of this trust him okay '' she continue caressing my hair and back.

'' but mom I... I can't, I still need you '' I sniffed. My brothers came to us and engulfed us into their warmth.

'' come back here sky,  be with us again. I want to spend my remaining days with all of you, could you grant your mom's wish baby??? ''

'' okay mom I'll come back here with you ''