CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

The Birthday Surprise!

- SKYLAR -

'' Happy Birthday Princess!!!!! '' my entire family greeted me. Today I'm celebrating my 18th birthday and they organized a party though I don't want to have one.

They invited all even their business partners, well ofcourse. My bestfriends are also here, Sara and kelly and even jason but there's one missing Kaia.

I know for sure she didn't forget my special day and I already told her the place so that she can go straight after the fashion show she's attending right now.

I glanced at my wrist watch. The party is nearly ending and she's not yet here, does she got into something?.

I picked up my phone from the table to see any message(s) coming from her, there's none so I send her one asking her where exactly she is and put it back on the table. Putting aside my worriness I mingle with my friends and visitors.

Then my dad called out my attention at the center with my entire family and Aidan???

Before going to them I throw an undistinguished look to my friends and their reaction were the same as mine.

'' skylar come now ''

'' yes dad '' then I strode to them.

The stares of my two brothers gave me shivers down to my spine. I scrunched my eyebrows and fixed my gaze to them trying to seek answer to what am I feeling right now. Then mom who really tried hard to attend my debut hold my arm and pulled me down to her.

'' say yes baby okay? '' and I was like huh?

'' yes for what mom? '' she shook her head and told '' you gonna make me happy today baby ''

My surroundings began to swirl? what's going on? why my brothers looks unhappy while my parents feels the contrary?

'' Skylar? '' Aidan called and knelt down infront of me as he open a small box revealing a white diamond ring.

Oh shit ! this is a joke right??

I turned back to my brothers. Matty closed his eyes and Lucas mouthed me the word sorry! So they knew that's why they both looked awful.

Then Aidan starts to talk again.

Oh god if I just can I'll duct tape his mouth this instant.

'' Skylar I know we've been in awful situations this past months. I know also that you are having the second thought about me but I want you to know that I'm very much worth it to give me that chance, we've known each other like forever and I couldn't see myself with someone other than you. So infront of all these people and your family. I Aidan Greythorn asking your hand Skylar Aevery Princeton to be my lawfully wife ''

Darn! so it's real he's asking me right??? goodness what I'm going to say? ofcourse No! but my parents are here and mom!!!! oh mom......

'' sky? Aidan is asking you '' dad told me grinning as he kissed my cheek.

'' I...I know dad. I just can't breath '' I hold my chest and feel my heart wanted to explode from being cornered to this set up.

'' sky will you marry me??? '' he asked me again and he's now holding my hand.

shiiitttt!!!! someone please help me.

I'm starting to sweat and I'm really hyperventilating. Then mom hold my other hand.

'' baby are you okay? '' she asked weakly and I involuntary nodded.

'' remember what I've told you? ''

My mom put me in this...mom he's not what I want but I can't tell it to you. If this what you want then.....then........

'' y.....y...'' I gulped.

'' ye...???? '' Aidan trails off and patiently waiting for my answer.

'' y...y......''

I really can't breath, where's the air? I need oxygen please...

And everything went black out.

-----------------

'' sky are you okay now? '' hermonie asked me. I looked around. I'm already in my room, in my bed and I saw my other friends in circle with their eyes fixed to one direction.

'' what? god my head hurt '' I told rubbing my temple.

'' sky '' they exclaimed in unison staring at me earnestly.

'' yes?? '' no one responded.

'' guys you freaking me out '' the door swung open and keana walked in.

'' you're now engaged to Aidan Skyie '' she told without pausing.

'' WHAT???? '' and then I feel something in my finger. I brought it up just to see the diamond ring in it.

'' H..how? t...this can't be... I didn't say yes '' I exclaimed while my eyesight was still glued to the ring.

'' you started a letter Y before you fainted so I think they assumed that it was a yes '' mel told hugging me.

'' but it's just a y for christ sake. I was pressured there and mom... mom '' I shrugged my shoulders and cover my face with my hands.

'' I'm sorry S ''

'' No this can't be happening, this isn't happening '' and for the nth time my eyes started to produce tears again.

'' your mom was very happy '' jana orated holding my hand.

'' I know. She really wanted Aidan to be my other half '' I looked down thinking about kaia.

'' so what about now? how about adrienne? ''

'' I don't know know either. I really don't know ''

Kaia? how about her? she's the one I want, the one I truly love but how can I fight for her this time where mom's happiness is at stake?

Can the ground can eat me whole and alive? because if it's a yes then I'm willing to be eaten up and sacrificed myself to avoid this marrige.