Chapter 2: The red light

Piercing loud sirens filled the lab once Jungkook threw his hand down on the emergency button after he spotted something unusual on the earth's radar. Just moments after, the supervisor rushed in. It was an elder by the name of Mr. Park; dashing in with a black and white suit. The elder dressed formal for the visitors in the lab for the day and wanted to look presentable to represent his unit.

          “Mr. Jeon, what is it?” Asked the older man as he glanced at the earth's radar in which, Jungkook was quick to point at.

           “There's a rocket! A rocket and it looks like it's ours…” Jungkook told his supervisor and kept staring at the flashing red light. With that, another astronomer pulled up the view of the earth's radar onto a big screen where everyone else could see it. Alas, Jungkook didn't know what was so special about the red blinking light. “M-Mr. Park.. What does it mean?” Jungkook asked and pointed his attention to the big screen where his colleagues began to cheer and smile at each other. Being Jungkook; the boy who just joined earlier this year, was just as confused as the next guy.

            “You're coming home…” Mr. Park whispered as a tear rushed down his eyes at the sight of the red blinking light. “...After all this time.. You're back…” The man spoke to himself under all the noise of other astronomers cheering. “REQUEST A RESCUE MISSION! NOW! Let the commander know. My boy is coming back.” Mr. Park demanded as another man ran off to tell the commander so a rescue mission could be conducted. Of course, this mission would have to be taken quickly since only a few minutes on earth could be days on space, one year in space could even equal to ten years or so! So, it was important to do the rescue mission as soon as possible.

            Jungkook watched how others celebrated and he felt a bit good about himself. However, all he caught was the fact that ‘he was coming back' this made Jungkook think that maybe his spot was just a replacement. The astronomer tried not to get caught up at the fact that he could lose his job, but he was rather excited. He was proud he could find something in the thrill of the moment. Jungkook was then rushing through the crowds of astronomers and met up with his two close friends that were sitting at the station. Taehyung however, didn't seem excited as he kept working and Namjoon was just begging to be set free.

          “Taehyung! We need to celebrate! Rocket B248 was found! Jungkook found him!”

           “And I wish he didn't… Hold still, I'm calculating right now.” Taehyung bickered. It was unclear as to what Taehyung meant. He would be such a happy, yet serious individual at times and something like this came to no surprise to Namjoon.

          “Come on, darling~” Namjoon joked around and hugged the younger over his lap. “I'm serious… At least act happy! Mr. Park is finally going to see his son after so long… Aren't you proud?”

           “I prayed for an asteroid to hit the B248… But I guess miracles can't happen. Ugh!… Why did he take that stupid task for-” Taehyung continued and before he could say something else, Jungkook interrupted.

           “Hey, guys! Bite my dust, I discovered something great!” Jungkook gloated and with that, Taehyung was quick to switch into a smile and jumped off Namjoon's lap. “So thank you, but no thank you! I'm conducting my own ship and that's the Jeon 97!” Jungkook concluded and made Taehyung laugh out of nowhere. Of course, Namjoon was well aware of why Taehyung behaved like this towards the boy.

            “As if! You only discovered the rocket we own! You didn't discover much. Come back to me when you discover a galaxy or even a planet!” Taehyung said with a laugh as Jungkook folded his arms and stepped forward to look at Namjoon.