Chapter 11: My center of the universe

Jungkook grew silent while observing Jimin longer. The young boy wanted to walk in and have Jimin awake so they can talk longer, but the young astronomer stood there as if he was stargazing. Jungkook didn't want to do his work for the day, he wanted to spend time with the astronaut he looked up to. Yet, he was asleep because he was awake all night talking to Jungkook and trying to walk too. It was such a lovely moment, Jungkook looked back at that night and wondered if Jimin cared enough to look back at that too. “At Least… You're fast asleep and gaining your energy back… That matters to us the most. I'll give you the sweater when I can.” Jungkook thought in his mind and rose his index finger to press against the cold glass of the older astronaut's room.

           “Fast asleep, isn't he?” Interrupted Mr. Park as Jungkook quickly pulled his own index finger back from the glass. “He's sleeping through the whole morning… I'm worried about him..” Mr. Park said as he then eyed the yellow sweater Jungkook carried in his arms. “Why don't you put it on or place it in your station so you won't carry it?” The elder asked as Jungkook cleared his throat and grew nervous to ask if he could give it to Jimin.

           “I… Want to give this sweater to Jimin. I don't want him to feel bad that he can't wear any color. He should at least use pastel colors.” Jungkook insisted and held the yellow sweater in his hands. “Can I give it to him?”

           “When he wakes up, you can. Just make sure it's well washed and-”

           “Washed and pressed. I made sure there was no lint hanging or thread poking out of it. It's in perfect condition.” Jungkook told the elder and held it folded in his arms. “Will you give it to him? Or should I?”

           “Of course, you will. But I need to make this clear to you, Jeon Jungkook… Today is the last day you can spend time with Jimin in the facility…” Mr. Park told Jungkook and suddenly made Jungkook raise a brow. “I'm not saying you won't be his caretaker anymore, I'm saying you just can't interfere right now when he's trying to recover..”

           “I-I'm not causing him any harm..” Jungkook said as Mr. Park threw his arm around Jungkook and looked at Jimin through the window. “I only want to help…”

            “I know that, Jungkook… But the thing is, Jimin is a fragile boy at the moment. Just last night, I saw the two of you up past his own bedtime and that's why he's sleeping in today. I want him to be healthy but I can't have his caretaker tampering with his health…” Mr. Park stated and watched how Jimin turned to face the opposite side of the room in his sleep. “Surely, you can wait for your turn… Right?”

           “Right… I'll wait until next week for him. I should let him rest this week and get his health up before he comes to me…” Jungkook replied with a disappointed feeling to his tone. He never wanted to affect Jimin's sleep, all he ever wanted to do was to take care of the one he looked up to. But sadly, he must've taken it a little too far to the point where he began to realize the actions he did while he was blinded by Jimin's lovely personality. Even the boy realized how he pushed his own girlfriend away just to talk about Jimin for hours! It was upsetting to Jungkook and he just realized all of this now. “Did you say… I can have this day with him as my last until next week?” Jungkook asked desperately as Mr. Park looked into the young stargazer's eyes and nodded his head.

           “Of course you can. You'll be the only one who could see him today since this whole week will focus on his health getting back up. No one else will see him but you this week and by the next, he's all yours.” Mr. Park claimed and this alone finally made Jungkook smile to himself as his eyes locked with Jimin through the window. “Make sure you tell him that, okay? I think the two of you will get along pretty well! I can see how excited he was yesterday night when you walked with him. It almost makes me want to wake him up and give him the crutches now…” Mr. Park concluded and then pulled his arm away from Jungkook's shoulder. “Take care.” Said the man as he turned around to walk away as Jungkook then looked at the elder.