Chapter 47: Alone in this universe

Jungkook was surprised Jimin didn't crawl into his bed that night. The young man waited and stared at the door constantly waiting and waiting… But he sat there and let out a sigh. “Is he still upset… Or is he trying to get better? I don't know… I can't help but to feel as if Jimin hates the fact that I'm going back to work. I wouldn't blame him, I hate it too. I hate the fact that I have to lie to him in order to save him. Do I have to keep picking at my own wounds to keep him safe?” The man asked himself. He understood lying to Jimin was something he had to do in order to keep his lover safe from going back to the stars, but doing so hurt the younger more than it would hurt Jimin.

               By the following morning, everything grew silent. Jimin would normally rush in and giggle about how much he loves his Jungkook and wait for a praise to greet him in the morning for pulling through all night. However, Jungkook sat up and silenced his alarm around 6:30AM to see that Jimin wasn't on his bed. He expected Jimin to be by his side, but he fell short when Jimin wasn't near him. “That's new…” The younger said to himself before standing up and stretching. The man started his own day as usual and as soon as he got out of the shower to brush his teeth, he wore his bathrobe around his body while he brushed his teeth.

           Instantly, Jimin opened the bathroom door to the one they shared, after being awaken from the sound of Jungkook closing and opening doors along with the man taking a shower right after. Jimin stepped in to see Jungkook standing in front of the mirror, taking a glance back at his lover, and finally rinsing off the toothpaste froth from his mouth to smile at Jimin.

          "I see that you made it through the night without coming to my room!” Jungkook mentioned but Jimin stood there in silence and glared at the floor with his eyes painted red and puffy from a long night. “Jimin? It looks like you've been crying…” Noted the younger before drying his mouth and face before approaching Jimin. “Mochi, are you okay?”

          “No… I just want you to stay here with me! Stay with me forever, Jungkook!” Jimin begged desperately as he then covered his own face. “I-I… I don't want you to go… I want you to stay here! You're my caretaker and you have to take care of me…” Jimin begged desperately as Jungkook then wrapped his arms around his boyfriend to hug. “Why aren't you telling me you'll stay? Why are you neglecting me…?”

            “Mochi, I don't want to leave you… But I do have work. What did you expect us to do? Sit down all day and not work at all? Mochi, you'll understand when you're better enough to get back to the facility.”

           “N-No… no… No don't go…” Begged Jimin. He cried over the fact that Jungkook was going to be gone for months leading to a year once he starts to leave by tomorrow. “S-Stay… Stay… Please… You're hurting me…” Jimin clung onto Jungkook right there, he didn't know when the younger would go off to astronaut training and he didn't know when the younger would leave to space, but he knew the start of it all will begin today and Jimin just couldn't bear the thought anymore.

            “Mochi, I'll be back tonight. Stop… Stop clinging onto me like this… I already told you I'll be back. I know you're used to me being by your side everyday, but these things get me worried. You can't learn to be on your own if I'm constantly here. Take this as something you learn. I hate to leave you…” Jungkook whispered and caressed Jimin's face to calm him down. As always, that calmed the older down as if it was his weak spot. “If you're scared, it's okay… This is my first time far from you and it bothers me too. Be strong for me, okay? I will be back at night once my shift is over. Can you do that for me… Wait for me?”

           “Y-Yes… Yes, I can do that...” Jimin whispered and pressed his head against Jungkook's forehead.

            At that moment, Jungkook began to worry for Jimin. Every little thing seemed off about the older. Normally, he wouldn't react that way for just one day the young man would be off at work. So after seeing Jimin like this, Jungkook began to think in his own head. “What did I do to him…? I never gave him a moment to breathe on his own… I rushed my love onto him and fell in love with him before he could learn to be lonely in a universe like ours. The least I could do is let him learn. I feel so guilty for doing this… Knowing well that I made him feel this way…” Jungkook thought and stood there caressing Jimin's gentle face and smiling to himself. “Are you okay now?”