Chapter 75: Our Universe (FINALE)

Before any of them knew it, it was finally a month. After weeks and endless nights, Jimin woke up the next morning of the arrival date and smiled to himself. He marked his calendar for this very moment and just couldn't hide his smile from the very second he woke up. It was one month ago Jungkook left him that early morning to go to space and with that, Jungkook grew sick and there was a chance that he wouldn't be able to go home. But one month later, he was finally coming home as strong as ever. Just then, Jimin recalled the nights he'd stay over in the monitor room to talk to Jungkook and little by little, the young man's health picked up over the endless days that turned into weeks.

          Jimin stood right outside the house wearing the same yellow sweater Jungkook gave him the moment they began to see each other, blue ripped jeans and black high tops. Right over his dark brown hair, he wore a black beanie to seal his look. Eventually, he waited outside for Namjoon and after a while, Namjoon pulled up by the house and allowed Jimin in. It was the day they've all been waiting for. Namjoon was dressed in his white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up, his black dress pants held up with his black leather belt, matching with his classy shoes for work. The older even carried Jimin's ring box in his pocket so when Jungkook gets back, he can propose to his lover when the time comes.

          “Ready?” Namjoon asked as Jimin smiled excitedly and nodded his head happily. “It's been a month and I can't believe so much has happened in so little time. Taehyung and Jungkook is coming back… I can't believe this is it. In an hour, they'll be here. We better get ready to meet them at the field.” Namjoon mentioned and began to drive to the facility. “Do you… Remember what Jungkook promised you?”

           “About our engagement. Of course, we planned it like this. But I'm not expecting a ring. There was no way he had time to get one since he was in space.” Jimin replied and looked over at Namjoon. “But I'm not looking forward for that. I'm looking forward to seeing him and kissing him as soon as he finds me in his eyes.”

           “Do you know how much urin-”

            “Don't be silly, Namjoon. Astronauts brush their teeth in space too! I've done it before.” Giggled the young man as his eyes focused forward. “Oh Jungkook… I can't wait to see you…” Thought the older as Namjoon drove to the facility quickly. Knowing that any moment, they'll be landing soon. However, as Namjoon drove, Jimin's eyes rose up to the window where a black speck was spotted. The B400 was arriving early and at that moment, Jimin smiled happily and turned his head to face Namjoon. “HURRY! THEY'RE ALMOST HERE!”

            “Jimin, calm down! I'd give them a good thirty minutes.” Namjoon stated as Jimin looked out once more. Observing the second rocket, the B248, following in apart from the B400 to land on it's own launchpad. “It's amazing how easily we were able to gain the controls back for the B248… For the longest, I thought it was broken. Who knew it was just on power saving mode.”

           “They've had a long travel…” Added Jimin as the car took a good fifteen minutes to finally arrive to the parking lot. By now, the rockets were approaching and this made Jimin rush into the facility. Inside the unit, there were astronomers gathered at the center to look up the huge screen above all other stations. There, they streamed the rocket getting closer and closer. And before they knew it, the rocket was seconds away. The B248 arrived first and later on, the B400 finally landed after a long earth month in space.

           “They're here!” Called out an astronomer after a long wait of watching the stream. As soon as the smoke from the rockets cleared, the astronomers rushed outside. But the first ones to rush outside was the Head Chief Park, and Namjoon as the supervisor. As everyone made it out, Jimin was almost the last to run out. Technicians rushed over to the rocket and went over to pry the door open and set out the moving platform to help the astronauts out.